PDA

View Full Version : I wanna start up an Orlando, FL User Group

amiridon
07-23-2005, 07:15 PM
If I can get at least 5 people in the Orlando or Kissamee area, we can get a group started. I have a nice location to use.

Dexter2999
03-20-2006, 04:14 PM
Well, I am in Davenport. I am just a beginner really. If there was a group I would be interested. There should be more people what with the DAVE school there teaching LW. I know that UCF and Full Sail teach MAYA.

Mark B.
03-22-2006, 06:39 PM
There are a couple of us in Tampa who would be willing to make the trip. Let me know.

natha1
08-15-2006, 09:56 PM
I know this is an old thread, but, I would definitely be intrested in joining a user group in Orlando/Kissimmee! :D

Mark B.
08-16-2006, 07:18 AM
Let me know when/where or whatever at [email protected]
I would like to get something going.

Eisenhower
08-16-2006, 08:43 AM
I live in Sanford, just outside Orlando and would like to join up. :thumbsup:

Mark B.
08-16-2006, 11:43 AM
We need to find a place and time. Fridays would be good. sometimes on the weekends. Where though. Between Sanford and Riverview is what? Celebration? Lakeland - USF maybe? I need everybody intersetd to come up with some dates/times/places. email to [email protected]
Thanks.

natha1
08-17-2006, 09:18 AM
I definitely would like to meet up, but, I'd have to wait at least three weeks before I get a steady schedule. I just started a new job and I don't have any set hours yet.

IMI
05-12-2007, 12:16 PM
I live outside of Leesburg, and would be interested.
Did y'all ever get this LWUG thing going?

Dexter2999
12-02-2007, 08:43 AM
Amiridon- You still thinking of starting a users group? I think you have the numbers you were asking for. Maybe one or two not listed on the board as well.

IMI
12-02-2007, 01:59 PM
Amiridon- You still thinking of starting a users group? I think you have the numbers you were asking for. Maybe one or two not listed on the board as well.

Amiridon hasn't been online since February 2006, according to the info by the avatar. ;)

It would be cool though to have one in the Central Florida area somewhere. I don't know about Kissimmee, though. Makes Orlando traffic look like practice. Nice town, wouldn't want to live there though. ;)

Dexter2999
12-02-2007, 02:20 PM
I don't think I have what it takes to keep a users group running. My schedule is too radical so I can't even commit to being at every meeting.

Be kinda cool if we could get a group to meet at say SCI-FI City. Use their gaming tables on an off night. Just wish there was a GOOD place to eat near there. Then again I haven't been to that side of town in almost a year, there could be a good place by now.

I was also thinking what it might be like to have a users group that was independent of location but rather by day/time. Using an open source version of GO TO MEETING letting 10 or so users have a Users group online.

Any feedback is welcome.

IMI
12-02-2007, 02:53 PM
I'd have a difficult time committing to every meeting too, if it were more often than, say, twice a month, and I had to drive more than about twenty miles, but an online setting sounds intriguing.

RollerJesus
01-14-2008, 08:31 AM
Wanted to express interest in a FL meetup. I'd be willing to drive to Orlando as long as we schedule it so I don't have to fight rush hour traffic on I-4.

If you want to have one in Tampa, I can get a location.

Mark B.
01-22-2008, 10:04 AM
I am sorry it took me so long to respond. Please let me know what I can do to help this happen.

RollerJesus
01-22-2008, 10:34 AM
It seems, we need some more people that want to get a group together first off.

RollerJesus
02-10-2008, 08:06 PM
So far we have a few people from this forum interested in a Tampa, FL user group. I talked to one of the guys at Fluidimages Entertainment and he expressed interest in doing a demo of their indie MOCAP setup at the meeting.

I'm hoping this may spark some additional interest in the area. We're shooting for the next couple weeks to have the meeting. PM me if you're available!

`Patrick

greeb1957
02-26-2008, 12:02 PM
how long is this going on, cause i am hopeing to go to the DAVE school.

RollerJesus
02-26-2008, 08:42 PM
Hoping to get it started, so it will go on at all... ;)

squeegie
02-27-2008, 10:18 AM
I'm over on the east coast, but I am willing to venture 528 to make the meetings if they are in Orlando.

Mark B.
02-27-2008, 02:33 PM
why not start an east coast group? At the moment a group is being formed that will have it's first meeting in the Tampa bay area. You are more than welcome to attend (we should have the place/date/time nailed down in the next few days) but it seems like rather a long drive. Please feel free to PM me about this if you would like.