PDA

View Full Version : Antique blowtorch -- some surfacing mojo, lighting questionable

cathuria
04-28-2003, 08:51 PM
A more or less "finished" image...
There are some spots in the texturing that could be cleaned up -- or dirtied up, as the case may be, but I'm pretty happy with how it came out.
I'm still trying different lighting arrangements -- this is my favorite so far -- 4 area lights.

Zarathustra
04-28-2003, 10:43 PM
I like that knob

04-29-2003, 09:07 AM
That's a reproduction antique blowlamp.
Brass just doesnt patenate that regularly, use some bigger scale noise - and duplicte 'darkness' as 'low specularity'

Abe
04-29-2003, 12:51 PM
Are you ever going to light her up that would be really cool,nice job though:cool:

cathuria
04-29-2003, 09:01 PM
Adrian: Hmm... peering closely at my model, I can see what you mean about the patina -- I may have to use another layer rather than just noise. Could be darker, too...

Abe: Yes, I'd love to do a flame-on picture sometime. But I'd like to find a good photo reference for the flame, first (no way I'm actually going to try and fire up the 80 year old original :eek: ).

Thanks!

ned
04-30-2003, 03:55 AM
What's the original's fuel, kerosene?

cathuria
04-30-2003, 08:57 PM
Hmm, that's a cogent question.
My Grandpa used this, but I'd need an exceptionally good Ouija board to ask him about it.:(
I'll try to make some time to see if I can come up with any history on these things...