PDA

View Full Version : Sp_Move and LWCad ! Newtek please take inspiration!!

spigolo
07-23-2005, 07:49 AM
As an user of LW since version 3.5 and working mainly in the Architectural visualization I had been very frustrated from the lack of snap and local axes in the modeler. Things started to change in the last times as I have seen the demo of Lwcad and the wonderful plugin from Pictrix Sp-Move. I really hope that Newtek will integrate these tools in the future releases of the modeler thas what we were waiting since a long time.
Pictrix Sp-Move is simply genial and I wonder why no one on the newtek team as never thought of a tool to move and snap like that, and it's even free!!!
Newtek please hire this guy and everybody remove the old command move and replace it with Sp-move!!!

theo
07-23-2005, 08:41 AM
This is one area in particular that mystifies me- why Newtek has not included, years ago even, a solid set of architectural modelling tools.

This is not only a benefit for archies but also is a time-saver for set designers and scape-artists.

Yog
07-23-2005, 02:36 PM
This is one area in particular that mystifies me- why Newtek has not included, years ago even, a solid set of architectural modelling tools.Funny you should mention that.
Before I purchased LW 8 years ago, the sales rep asked what my main use would be, when I said Arch-Vis I was told "well that's a coincidence, the next release of LW heavily features Arch-Vis specific tools". Wow what a coincidence :p

Periodically over that time I still hear from sales reps. And when I mention Arch-Vis, can you guess what the next version of LW heavilly focuses on ? :thumbsup:

Sales people, gotta love em :D

W-Tools
07-23-2005, 08:07 PM
If you need more free snap tools please feel free to download LWCAD 1.5 demoversion here:
http://www.wtools3d.com/index.php?strana=download

Move,Drag,Rotate and Scale with snap to points, lines, edges and ruler are fully enabled without limitations.
Rest of the tools are restricted.
------------------------
Viktor Velicko
W-Tools
www.wtools3d.com

theo
07-23-2005, 09:08 PM
By the way, nice job on the plugin Viktor.

spigolo
07-23-2005, 11:48 PM
a standing ovation for you Viktor!

cresshead
07-24-2005, 04:51 AM
can you add a web link to the Pictrix Sp-Move plugin you wrote about? :lwicon:

steve g

spigolo
07-24-2005, 05:08 AM
http://www.pictrix.jp/lw/index2.html

greetings

Matt
07-25-2005, 01:44 PM
I can't agree more, snapping is sorely needed across the board in all of Modelers tools.

Problem is, it needs to be written in at a base level for all tools to take advantage of it, otherwise it means re-writing every tool.

W-Tools
07-27-2005, 03:43 PM
to: spigolo & theo

thanks for compliments. :D

BTW: Yesterday I've successfully added true NURBS curves into the modeler.
NURBS modeling for LightWave will be reality with LWCAD 2. :thumbsup:

spigolo
07-27-2005, 11:36 PM
Nurbs in modeler!!!!
Do you need a beta tester?????

Go on with your fantastic work hope Newtek will contact you as soon as possible!!

I'm goin g to buy Lw cad soon!!!

Surrealist.
07-28-2005, 12:10 AM
spigolo,

BTW one of the most impressive websites I have seen in a while!

Very welll done. :)

spigolo
07-28-2005, 12:22 AM
thank you very much!!!

Limbus
07-28-2005, 02:22 AM
I really would like good snapping tools in LW too. NewTek should look at how snapping is done in some of the more advanced CAD Tools (AutoCAD, Vectorworks or ArchiCAD). Their snapping tools are far more advanced than anything I have seen in a 3D programm so far.

If someone from NewTek is interested, I can provide a Video, demonstrating the snapping.

Pavlov
07-28-2005, 04:29 AM
to: spigolo & theo

thanks for compliments. :D

BTW: Yesterday I've successfully added true NURBS curves into the modeler.
NURBS modeling for LightWave will be reality with LWCAD 2. :thumbsup:

Very interesting... but i dare to ask: you introduced nurb *curves*, but when it will come to lofting, extruding and so on, i guess they will be converted to polygons like we are used to into LW ? Or did you introduce a whole toolsed to model with NURBS into modeler, so we eill have NURB planes, spheres, surfaces ? In this case, how will these items relate to rendering engine ?

TIA
Paolo Zambrini

Pavlov
07-28-2005, 04:32 AM
Another thing: time ago i saw a Quicktime demo of Patch-it (dont know if its the correct name) which was a complete patch modeling plugin, it looked awesome... anyone can remember who did it, and where is it now ?

paolo

Pavlov
07-28-2005, 04:39 AM
Another thing: time ago i saw a Quicktime demo of Patch-it (dont know if its the correct name) which was a complete patch modeling plugin, it looked awesome... anyone can remember who did it, and where is it now ?

paolo

Uhm, here it is:
http://www.hurleyworks.com/

(is he a Worley's alter ego ?)

Never released, but looks very impressive. Give a look to videos..
Paolo

Chuck
07-28-2005, 07:11 AM
Steve Hurley both works for Steve Worley and does his own independent projects. It can get confusing... ;)

W-Tools
07-28-2005, 07:19 AM
spigolo:

Thanks, But at this moment I don't need new betatesters.
LWCAD 2 with NURBS curves will be released on January-February 2006. Probably two months before release I will need new betatesters.

Pavlov:

LWCAD 2 will have only NURBS curves. And all needed operations on curves like a trim, fillet,chamfer, offfset, blend, extend .....
And also more advanced snapping. But you have to wait for it at least a half year.

to all:
Please no more replys to NURBS issue here. If you have more questions, please write it here: [email protected]

----------------------------
Viktor Velicko
W-Tools
www.wtools3d.com

Nemoid
07-28-2005, 08:03 AM
Wow Viktor. that's simply amazing.
Nt should hire you and put the whole of these tools in Lw indeed.

Matt
07-28-2005, 12:50 PM
Wow Viktor. that's simply amazing.
Nt should hire you and put the whole of these tools in Lw indeed.

I agree, Viktor is a very important developer for LightWave.

Pavlov
07-28-2005, 01:18 PM
Steve Hurley both works for Steve Worley and does his own independent projects. It can get confusing... ;)

Uh.. almost the same name, i guessed it's a second ego of worley instead of a real person. Every genious has a second face ;)

Paolo

Nemoid
07-29-2005, 03:25 AM
I agree, Viktor is a very important developer for LightWave.

Agree totally.
From what i've seen from Viktor's site , his tools are great. and also : i thought nurbs were quite impossible to introduce in Lw at all without some core work. glad to see i was wrong !! :D

nurbs could be really useful especially as curves: much better than current Lw ones and would bring modeler to a new level for sure.

if i think to people like Viktor and Ikeda possibly working together , really i'd start drooling!!! :D