PDA

View Full Version : Composit Image .avi problem

Mr.Kester
07-22-2005, 04:00 PM
Does anyone know why I might not be able to load an .avi animation in layout? I did it a few weeks ago, then had to reformat my hard drive and reinstall Lightwave 6.5 (I know, I need an upgrade) and now it won't take an .avi. And yes I selected "all files." I tried through both the Image Editor and the Composit background. I even tried the Projection Image in the light properties just to see and got nothing. It will take a image sequence but no .avi. Anyone know what I can do?

Thanks for your help.

Silkrooster
07-22-2005, 10:31 PM
Since you formated your HD, perhaps the codec is gone. Try playing the video in media player.
Silk

MonroePoteet
07-23-2005, 10:49 AM
I'm on V8.2, so this may not be relevant to V6.5, but here goes:

Sounds like one or more standard plug-ins didn't get loaded during installation. In V8.2, the AVI animation loader is contained in AVI.P (Lightwave content plug-ins folder, input-output subfolder). If you can find the .P file, use Utilities=>Add Plugins to load its plug-ins.

If loading the .P file works, you may have others that didn't get loaded as well. Might be worth doing a Scan Directory of the plug-ins folder.

mTp

Mr.Kester
07-25-2005, 01:57 PM
Thanks for the help but that didn't do it. AVIs play fine in Media Player and I found the avi.p in the plugin file just sitting there minding it's own business. I'm still getting no response out of it. Strange that it's not working now. Any other ideas? Perhaps a reinstall? I hate that.

Shane

JamesCurtis
07-25-2005, 03:54 PM
Was the .avi a DV format? I emember having issues with DV footage but don't remember what fixed it. Maybe dvview.p plugin?

Mr.Kester
07-26-2005, 10:31 AM
The only dvview plug-in I found was for MAC.

"Uses a Macintosh's firewire port to preview a rendered frame via a DV system.

LW65 LW70 LWMac " flay.com

I'm not sure it applies to my situation anyway.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled to see it that would fix it, but it doesn't. Frustrating! I have taken the scenes and made tga sequences out of them so I'm not completely dead ended, but I would like to figure out what happened.

Again, thanks for your help

JamesCurtis
07-26-2005, 09:41 PM
The dvview.p plugin should be in your Plugins/Utility folder on the PC. At least that's where it is on my machine.

Mr.Kester
07-27-2005, 03:52 AM
And you're working on a PC?