PDA

View Full Version : particles - paint to logo

fabmedia
07-21-2005, 04:52 PM
I have a question on how to use partcles to gather and form a logo. The logo is lying flat on the ground and the particle are attracted and form the object. I'm working on a Mac here.

prospector
07-21-2005, 10:15 PM
set yout logo in layer 1 in modeler
copy to layer 2
subdivide a few times to get many points
hit 'K' to kill polys

save

load in layout
set frame count to 400

put HVs to layer 2 (the points layer)

set it to explode over about 300 frames (10 sec at 30FPS)
starting at frame 80
dissolve layer 1 from 0 to 100 starting at frame 80 to 100 (so 0% at frame 0 annd 80 and 100% at frame 100)

set your HVs to how you want them
set lighting
render from frame 400 to 0
set to -1

there ya go

ya can add some wind and make the particles swirl too as they explode

fabmedia
07-21-2005, 10:26 PM
so would the settngs be the same if I want them to "dribble" to the logo? AND I'm assuming that I would fade in the actual logo and fade out the HV at the last second right?

prospector
07-22-2005, 05:34 PM
explode setting in the particles panel can be set to any speed you want them to fly into (when reversed rendered).

I would set the number of points in the model to way high in modeler before Killing the polys.
then when in layout the object will be FULL of particles and slightly larger than object on layer 1 (because the points on surface will have slightly larger HVs attached to them), so that you can envelope the size of the particles.

this would give you the option of having the object form first from HVs then for about 2 frames undissolve object (which should still be hidden by HVs) then use the envelope in particles and HV panels to shrink the HVs down to ZERO then fade them out. (probably within 20 frames).