PDA

View Full Version : Defragment Video Drive

Cineman
07-21-2005, 09:15 AM
:help:

Gang,

I would appreciate your help in my analyzing why my TriCaster got broke for a couple of months. If you have ever defragged your video drive from the Admin Panel, would you drop a reply to this thread?

I am not asking you to defrag just to answer this in the affirmative. In fact, I would recommend you not, until I know more. I just want to know if you have done so, successfully in the past.

Thanks,

Nes Gurley
Cineman

Paul Lara
07-21-2005, 11:24 AM
What happened, Nes?

Cineman
07-21-2005, 12:40 PM
I posted you about this on this TrCaster Forum way back when, right after you answered someone on a similar, but lessor problelem. But you never answered me.

Back in May as I was planning my week's trip to North Carolina to demonstrate TriCaster, including at Inspiration, Charlotte, I was cleaning up my TriCaster to make sure that nothing would show up different than on the release version. As part of this I defragged the video drive.

After that TriCaster would open to a dialog box saying "File Not Found". There was a button on the box that would light up. After that, the mouse pointer would not turn off the light or perform any function. I was stuck at that point for weeks, until one day in utter frustration, I just kept hitting the enter key, and suddenly TriCaster opened. I later found that at that point (dialog box) if I hit enter four, but sometimes three, times TriCaster would open.

Recently I read someone on a private forum, that said that he had knocked out TriCaster.exe by running defrag. Dr. Cross says he doesn't believe that defrag could possibly do that. I referred him to the other owner, but haven't heard back. Then I realized that if other owners here had sucessfully defragged, we could absolutely eliminate that as the problem, potential problem for all users.

Nes (one third of the Trifecta) Gurley