PDA

View Full Version : An attempt at Realism

amiridon
07-19-2005, 08:14 PM
This is an attempt at realism. all crits are welcome...

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y46/amiridon/Balls_On_Pedistal.jpg

koots
07-19-2005, 10:59 PM
looks nice, but not real. I think the problem with this picture is that there is a lack of anything in the picture. I like the picture, but I feel you need to add a more realistic background for it to look real. Everything looks too perfect, like it was drawn on a comp. I wonder why that :)
Good job keep up tjhe good work
-Jonn

Thomas M.
07-19-2005, 11:30 PM
I guess that's the problem. Four yellow spheres don't have anything to do with realism. From your reflections I would even say that you didn't use an HDR or your reflection settings aren't right. Also the reflection looks all the same (dull), use an incidence angle with a gradient.

Good luck
Thomas

starbase1
07-20-2005, 05:34 AM
I have to agree - you could sum it up as a realistic rendering of an unrealistic object!

I suggest look at some of the architectural / room type renderings around here. Putting it on a wooden topped desk with some pens bside it and a lamp on the table of something would help...

Nick

Mebek
07-28-2005, 01:26 PM
There don't seem to be any shadows happening here. Or if there are, they're too dull. Get a better HDRI image to bounce light, and don't make the spheres yellow. Also add the fresnel effect to the reflection and diffuse channels.

It's not the subject matter - I've seen very realistic renders of spheres on a table before.