PDA

View Full Version : Dropped frames

Deank
04-28-2003, 03:24 PM
I work in an instructional environment and due to one student I recently had to re-format and reinstall the toaster, lightwave, everything on my Safeharbor 1.7 GHz Pc with 1 Gig RAM and 2 seagate 74 Gig Drives. Everything is working fine now except that I get "winrtme dropped frame" while recording. I've tried everything but cannot get it to record more than 6-10 seconds of video without a dropping frame. Once I got a whole 44 sec ov video but it shouldn't drop any frames. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
Deank

Jim Capillo
04-28-2003, 03:51 PM
Dean, did you do an autoconfigure after reinstall?

If not, do that first, then you may have to tweak from there.....

Paul Lara
04-28-2003, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by Deank
I get "winrtme dropped frame" while recording.

Make sure that you're recording from Program Out, and put Preview on Black.

Deank
04-29-2003, 09:14 AM
I've done the autoconfigure a couple of times, I am recording from the program out and I have black on the preview and key. I got those suggestions from here on the troubleshooter forum and it still is dropping frames. I don't know what to do from here?

Paul Lara
04-29-2003, 11:17 AM
Here's some other suggestions:

Do you have Norton Anti-Virus installed? Disabling this may help, but if that doesn't work, you may want to uninstall Anti-Virus 2000 entirely.
You may have the Timed Capture checked. When it is, it will stop after that duration.
There may be a hardware conflict if you cannot capture at all. You should try to put your Toaster card in a non-shared PCI slot. You may also want to try:
Disabling your USB ports
Disable your onboard LAN
Disable your SCSI or IDE disk controllers one at a time, and then see if improves disk throughput.