PDA

View Full Version : Undeletable keyframe

Johnny
07-18-2005, 11:14 AM
I have an area light in my scene with a keyframe which I can't delete..I place the slider pointer right on it, and hit delete, OK, but it's still there. Same goes if I go frame by frame for several frames before or after, hitting delete>OK as I go.

Is this a bug?

J

Dodgy
07-18-2005, 12:45 PM
Are you using the standard lw delete key function, or the TMP-Motify delete function? If you're using tmp, try using the standard Lw function.

Else, it could be your key is on a fractional keyframe. Try selecting it in the graph editor and deleting it there.

Johnny
07-18-2005, 12:49 PM
Are you using the standard lw delete key function, or the TMP-Motify delete function? If you're using tmp, try using the standard Lw function.

Else, it could be your key is on a fractional keyframe. Try selecting it in the graph editor and deleting it there.

Yeah, using standard LW delete key..I'll try your suggestion next time it happens..fortunately, it was only a simple light, easily deleted and re-added..

thank you!

J

marble_sheep
07-18-2005, 03:25 PM
it could also be a keyframe embedded in an enveloped fuction somewhere. envelopes such as light intensity or whatever will show up as regular keyframes in the timeline, and the standard "delete" will not clear them.

just a thought... as i've had this happen to me before!

Johnny
07-18-2005, 03:36 PM
it could also be a keyframe embedded in an enveloped fuction somewhere. envelopes such as light intensity or whatever will show up as regular keyframes in the timeline, and the standard "delete" will not clear them.

just a thought... as i've had this happen to me before!

Huh..OK...I recall having had an envelope on that light, then cleared it out (Shift clicked on the E)..maybe leftover from that?

your experience would explain that..

thanks!

J