PDA

View Full Version : Universal Rendering Format

markdo
07-17-2005, 10:55 AM
A beginners question so please bear with...

I am using a dual 2.7 G5 Mac... with Lightwave 8.3

I want to render educational videos that can be used in Powerpoint by both windows and mac computers.

My experience is that QT.mov (Sorensen 3) is not accepted by the Windows Powerpoint program. Is there another format I could render in that would be universally accepted?

I tried to render in .avi format...(which I have no experience with)...but
when I select DirectShow (.avi) in Render Option Output, I receive an error message stating that the " <DVview.p> plugin is not able to be externally loaded" ...despite reloading all plugins... Is this normal? Is there a work around?

Insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Mark

drclare
07-17-2005, 12:28 PM
Well, do you use Quicktime Pro, or after effects, or a video editor like final cut pro. If you do, you can render a quicktime movie from lightwave and then use any of these other programs to convert it to an .avi file.

markdo
07-17-2005, 04:55 PM
I have converted the .mov to .avi in QT pro, but the quality of the image was compromised. Will the other programs be less distorted?

markdo
07-17-2005, 05:56 PM
figured it out... thanks

toby
07-18-2005, 12:22 AM
What'd you come up with? If Power Point can't take a freakin' web standard Sorenson video, I didn't know what to suggest, aside from getting Cleaner 6 to make wmv's with -

marble_sheep
07-18-2005, 03:39 PM
What'd you come up with? If Power Point can't take a freakin' web standard Sorenson video, I didn't know what to suggest, aside from getting Cleaner 6 to make wmv's with -

Yep... that's what we have to do with all our videos... I work at an agency where the creative dept. are the only ones with Macs... so every stinkin' time they want a video for PowerPoint... we have to run it through Cleaner into .wmv because PowerPoint won't take a STANDARD FORMAT like QT. stupid PowerPoint. Great, now you got me all mad thinking about it. :compbeati

j/k ;)