PDA

View Full Version : Dred Naught .007

guardonduty
07-17-2005, 07:59 AM
Future Striker I will be marketing to Lockeed, GE, Burt Rutan, Martin and the lot. Comments

guardonduty
07-18-2005, 05:31 PM
drednaut.007 Update without mesh. Comments. Also look at this associated post http://vbulletin.newtek.com/showthread.php?t=38679

Darrell
07-19-2005, 12:18 PM
interesting...you may want to adjust your lighting so that it looks like its in the photograph, and being that you have a photograph of tides coming to shore, it does not capture the realism because the ship is flying & the ocean is..well...still :cool:

guardonduty
07-19-2005, 03:06 PM
Darrell:

Which photo should I adjust the lighting on. I think the lighting for the first photo is ok. The ocean isn't moving but I think when I make my presentation the focus will be on the planes not the environment.

Thank you for the critique.

marble_sheep
07-19-2005, 04:15 PM
Which photo should I adjust the lighting on. I think the lighting for the first photo is ok. The ocean isn't moving but I think when I make my presentation the focus will be on the planes not the environment.

This is a good start, but I think you have a ways to go still. You need to decide what direction the "look" is going to take. The way I see it, you could go two directions... one, making the plane look like it is part of the photo (a realistic composite), or two, focus on showing off the plane and not care about realism.

Right now, all of these images fall short at both things.

If you want to make a realistic composite, the lighting and shading rigs need to be tweaked quite a bit. Things like, light color on the ship, environmental reflections, realistic shadows, etc etc.

If you want to ignore realism and show off the plane, you should probably ditch the background completely and focus on a nice radiosity-dome-type render. Something simple, and most importantly... well lit.

Ideally, your presentation should include both kinds of images, but if you are going to chose only one, go with the plain, white background option. Your main goal is to show off your design, and right now these images are not accomplishing that.

I think your model is really sweet, I just think the final image could be pushed even further! Good luck with your presentation! :thumbsup:

fixer1977
07-20-2005, 02:01 AM
I totally agree with the above comment. The aircraft is a really, really nice shape...but doesn't look real. There's no sense of scale because there's no detail on the aircraft. It needs some seam lines at least. Even the most advanced aircraft need to be put together somehow! It needs surfacing properly.
Also the comp you're using doesn't show off your model as well as it could. It's way too dark to see it properly.

guardonduty
07-25-2005, 08:37 AM
Thanks Guys.

I will be adding some changes and making some of the suggested recomm. Will post ASAP.