PDA

View Full Version : DV Edit Looks Blurred

RayLarson
04-28-2003, 01:52 PM
OK, I am going to try and explain this as best I can.

When I shoot a wedding, I use 2 cameras at the ceremony. I capture my footage using the Main Concept Codec and the captured footage looks great. Then I put camera "A" above camera "B", sync up the clips and scrub edit adding fades between cameras. For some reason, the clip on the top of the timeline seems to blur when played back from Ted. The original clip looks great but there is a decided loss in resolution in the edit.

Does this sound familiar to anyone? Is there a setting I may be missing in preferences? I would appreciate any and all comments, suggestions, ideas. While I have a lot of HDD, I cannot do all my projects as .rtv files. For the most part Main Concept works well but it seems this occurs in longer clips.

Faraz
04-28-2003, 03:20 PM
I saw this once and ignored it till the end of the project. WhenI went back to check, everything was perfact. I have no clue why, but you're not going crazy. :)

Scott Bates
04-28-2003, 04:27 PM
My experience with these kinds of wierd anomolies is that they are often cured with a cold shutdown for a few minutes; lets your 'puter trim the accumulating fuzz off the memory or somethin'.

YMMV :D

weaponsInspecto
04-28-2003, 06:02 PM
Be sure and check your resource allocation settings in the prefs. If you have the RAM for it, set everything at high resource useage. Otherwise, I'm with Faraz. Do a test render and see what you see.