PDA

View Full Version : Where's Worley Labs

kntemplar
07-15-2005, 03:39 PM
Hey everybody. I have a question. What the heck has happened to Worley Labs' website? I have tried several times in the last few motnhs to check out f-prime and sasquatch but the site seems to have disappeared.
I even went so far as to use two different browsers--Internet Explorer and Firefox.
Does anyone know anything about this?
They were probably taken over by some international cabal of high tech software Illuminati.
Or I could just need to take my medicine. :screwy:

X-MAN
07-15-2005, 03:55 PM
You may try www.worley.com works fine for me. But there was not much news since almost a year.

Architook
07-15-2005, 11:09 PM
You may try www.worley.com works fine for me. But there was not much news since almost a year.

Maybe there's some caching problem in some browsers? That may explain why you see an old site? Try hitting "Refresh" to manually reload the site.

I just checked www.worley.com. Looks quite active to me, there's the new free FPrime 1.5 download, a new FAQs a new "Art of Noise" tutorial article, and two new tutorial videos all in the past three months. There's even a new tutorial video up just this week.

kntemplar
07-19-2005, 04:18 PM
I've tried everything. Changed the Security settings, cleared the cache, the cookies and the URL history. To my computer Worley no longer exists.
That sux. :(

MonroePoteet
07-19-2005, 04:35 PM
The www.worley.com works fine for me, too. Is that the URL you're using?

Doing a DNS lookup on www.worley.com as of today gives:

http://216.92.97.136/

as their IP address, so try that by cut-n-pasting into the browser. If that works, it's something wrong with name lookups in your DNS server.

mTp

kntemplar
07-22-2005, 08:40 AM
No that didn't work. I am at wit's end. :bangwall:

Sastira
07-22-2005, 07:03 PM
Start->Run->"cmd"

ping www.worley.com

See if the ping goes through. If it doesn't resolve the IP, then try to ping the actual IP that is already posted in this thread. If your pings don't go through, then the problem is not with the browser.

gjjackson
07-22-2005, 07:39 PM
If you can get here you should be able to get there. What kind of service are you using. It would seem the IP is being blocked. What kind of message are you getting when trying to access it.

hdesbois
07-23-2005, 02:35 AM
I just checked www.worley.com. Looks quite active to me, there's the new free FPrime 1.5 download, a new FAQs a new "Art of Noise" tutorial article, and two new tutorial videos all in the past three months. There's even a new tutorial video up just this week.
And some puzzling hints in the japanese section since 20th of july... check the "third party" section of this forum.
HD

kntemplar
07-25-2005, 07:04 AM
Start->Run->"cmd"

ping www.worley.com

See if the ping goes through. If it doesn't resolve the IP, then try to ping the actual IP that is already posted in this thread. If your pings don't go through, then the problem is not with the browser.

I pinged the url and got four time outs.

kntemplar
07-25-2005, 07:06 AM
If you can get here you should be able to get there. What kind of service are you using. It would seem the IP is being blocked. What kind of message are you getting when trying to access it.
With Internet Explorer it says the page "may be unavailable" yada yada yada.
With Firefox it just says the operation timed out.
I'm using Comcast cable.

BeeVee
07-25-2005, 07:29 AM
Then I'm afraid to say it's Comcast - I just went there from the link you posted...

B

kntemplar
07-25-2005, 07:41 AM
Well I officially give up. It's not worth it.

BeeVee
07-25-2005, 07:45 AM
Have you spoken to Comcast? We had a similar situation here when there was a dispute between Wanadoo (our ISP) and Cogent in the States that meant we could get none of the NewTek sites for over a week...

B

Sastira
07-25-2005, 11:54 AM
You pinged and got four timeouts? That means that none of your packets are even reaching the server. There is no way you'll be able to browse.

It may be Comcast's DNS servers, they've had trouble with them recently. It also may be your local DNS cache.

Try this:

Start->Run->cmd
ipconfig /flushdns

Attempt to browse to Worley again. If you can't, download and run this utility:
http://www.softpedia.com/get/Tweak/Network-Tweak/WinSockFix.shtml

If after all that you are still unable to get to the site, then the problem is most likely on Comcast's end.

taproot2
07-25-2005, 12:34 PM
I have comcast and i can find the site with no trouble.
taproot2