PDA

View Full Version : new site - new content

bearfoot
07-15-2005, 03:02 AM
just to let everyone know my new site and new content its up..

i am no web designer by far so any feedback either good or bad would be great..

thanks a lot

www.bearfootfilms.com

digital verve
07-15-2005, 08:40 AM
Nice work :thumbsup:

Only problem, is that the 1st column of thumbnails don't work in the Firefox browser for some reason, but do in IE.

starbase1
07-15-2005, 09:55 AM
Who is your target audience?

First column of images do not appear to link anywhere. (Using old version IE).

I'd also suggest the thumbs are too small to really see anything of the image. If you are streaming video, then you can assume a certain connection speed, (or up the compression on a larger image).

Use of colour is very good.

I think you are rather over-using your skinny robot. It's not that its a bad model, far from it, but I'd like to see more variety. Or more shots of your crumbly city on blue thingy! As it stands, it does seem to imply that you don't have much material / experience, (which may of course not be true!)

Hope that helps,
Nick

Silkrooster
07-15-2005, 10:53 PM
Nice web site. I agree the thumbnails are a little too small. I try to keep thumbnails about 133x100 but then again my server parses thumbnails below 100px.
When I viewed the animations, I keep think to my self, demo reel. This type of work I feel is good enough to show to pick up work.
Since you are in the animation business, you may want to add some animation to the web site it self, like animated menus or a slide show of your work, give the feeling of automation. Just keep in mind that some users are still using dialup. Maybe adding flash to your list of accomplishments in the process. I really can't say too much as your site is deffinately more graphically rich than my own.
Keep up the good work.
Silk

bearfoot
07-16-2005, 03:21 AM
great thanks for feedback guys

have now corrected all the links so hopefully they should b working now..

i was actually thinking of making the thumbs smaller .. personal taste i guess..

maybe the robot character u think was overused because u were not able to click the other links..

hopefully now thats fixed u can see the other content..

anyway thanks for checking
n

JamesCurtis
07-16-2005, 07:00 AM
How about a few sample 3D models for download on the site? This way viewers can judge the actual modeling work.

bearfoot
07-16-2005, 04:11 PM
i dont mind allowing fellow users access to my work ..

i am all in favour of of giving something back to the community that has helped me so much..

i will happily give me time to help people - to give tips and maybe a tutorial or 2 but by giving away the work that has taken me 3 years to build and learn and put my time and effort into at the moment isnt an option..

thanks for checking my site and like i said feel free to contact me if u need help or i will happily respond to forum posts..

cheers
n

Ztreem
07-16-2005, 06:18 PM
I think it looks good, but the thumbnails are too small.