PDA

View Full Version : Cut to music

Norman
07-14-2005, 08:00 PM
I'm having a problem with 'cut to music', in that I duplicated an
audio file, consisting of music, followed the procedure according to
the toolshed instructions and it does not work. I have done this
numerous times, but not with VT4. Does this function work with VT4?
There are two video clips on the timeline, one of which is the clip I
duplicated the audio file from. No clips are cut, and the top clip is
shortened to about 2 or three seconds and the audio is not touched.

Paul Lara
07-15-2005, 08:27 AM
- make sure that the markers are in the audio file
- make sure you have that audio file chosen when you click Perform

Norman
07-16-2005, 01:16 PM
All of that is done, but, no go. Robert got the same results as I did, Paul. Can you check it out on your system? I think it's broken.

Pete Draves
07-17-2005, 08:34 AM
working here on vt4, and vt3
Pete

UnCommonGrafx
07-17-2005, 09:03 AM
Hey Pete,
When you say it's working, what do you mean? It's working for me, too, if I put a bunch of clips on the line. But it won't/doesn't cut up a singular clip into many, which it seems Norman is trying to do. I remember it working in that manner before and I didn't like it as it didn't make sense, to me -- the cuts were too random and I always had to go in and slip and slide in&outs around so it would look right. The present behaviour I'm getting makes more sense, of sorts.

Norman
07-17-2005, 10:29 AM
Thanks for checking it out Pete, but I have the same question Robert just posed. I'm using two clips, one that I want to be the main clip and the other that I want to alternate between. I used to be able to put two clips on the timeline, with an audio clip underneath, activate 'cut to music' and have the two clips cut up on the timeline, ready to play. I can no longer do this.

Norman
07-17-2005, 10:35 AM
Robert,

The two clips I'm trying to use are the same scenes, shot from two different angles that would then be switched from one to the other, in time with the beat of the music, which means there would be no need for slip and sliding clips as it doesn't take anything from the performance.

Pete Draves
07-18-2005, 07:11 AM
When I put a series of still pix on the time line 100 or so.
cut to music starts each clip and snds each clip to the music.
using thefull motion clips does the same, starting each clip and ending each clip to the music.
But O have used bob tassa's multi cam to acomplish what you describe and it works with more than 2 clon clips (an mtv music video type production)
I have done a few of these and am very happy with it.
pete

Norman
07-18-2005, 08:45 AM
Pete,

I have Bob's plugin, so I have to try it, since 'Cut to Music', won't, anymore.