PDA

View Full Version : Skylit lobby

otacon
07-14-2005, 06:08 PM
Heres a little personal project i just finished. I used fprime to render, monte carlo 2 bounces.

Muad'dib
07-14-2005, 07:06 PM
Very neat otacon :thumbsup:

I especially like the reflections on the floor and how the reflected lights closer to the camera are not blown.

david_B
07-14-2005, 09:10 PM
Cool Beans, but a painted wall would look better than the tiling brick IMO. It's a nice render though.

Thank you Worley. What the **** did we do before FPrime?

david_B
07-14-2005, 09:16 PM
The above censored word is H _ E _ L _ L, BTW. First ime I've ever been censored. I didn't realise that was a censor worthy word. I thought it was just a fictional setting for books and movies and stuff... what about that movie Hellboy? What about "Hello"? Censoring the above word is kind of crazy isn't it? :confused:

Sorry for going off topic. Too many coffees today.

Wade
07-14-2005, 09:18 PM
I like it done very well! But maybe the benches get a little lost. Again Very nice.

Ok maybe the benches are too small or the brick texture is too big in scale. I would scale the benches up 125% or more. Drop a 5'6" average Joe in there to see if he would look ok next to a bench. Throw a scale on bricks they should be some 2-3/4" tall with 1/4" mortar.

otacon
07-14-2005, 09:39 PM
Thanks. You are right about the brick sizes Wade, but i noticed that after the noise had gone away and didnt want to wait for another render. :p

Wade
07-15-2005, 12:23 AM
It really is great work though! The floor is as good as it gets. :thumbsup:

Viktim of Life
07-15-2005, 01:12 AM
da(m)n you. :rolleyes:
dude its freakin awesome

a couple things;
1) there's no light comin from the end of the hallway where there's doors and windows.

2) in the sunwindows or whatever you call them, the sky seems a bit dark for how bright the light is reflecting off the molding right underneath the windows... although i might be being picky

Viktim of Life
07-15-2005, 01:21 AM
also it seems that the perspective amount is turned up too high or something. anyone else think so?

etobiason
07-25-2005, 03:21 PM
The color scheme reminds me of the University of Illinois in Urbana-Champaign. Very cool work. Love the floor.

-e