PDA

View Full Version : Greenhouse

Darth Mole
07-14-2005, 06:02 AM
I built this greenhouse (or glasshouse, depending where you live) to help out a fellow LWer on a business pitch. It's accurate to about the nearest cm. Just thouht I'd make a scene and post it here.

This image has a few trees made with Tree & Leaf Designer and is lit with Radiosity and rendered with FPrime (of course) over the course of a morning. The glass is reflective, transparent and refractive and a straight F9 render would probably take several days with decent AA...!

johnnyh66
07-14-2005, 08:12 AM
Hey DarthMole, I think this looks pretty good. I love the green house. I do think it colud use some more contrast though... It has a bright early morning feel to it (the bloom), so maybe the shadows should be longer... and darker. I'd also like to see a warmer Orange/Yellow render, I bet that would look really nice.

Darth Mole
07-14-2005, 12:33 PM
Like this?

johnnyh66
07-14-2005, 01:34 PM
I liked the direction of your sun before. I think if you just moved it down some to make the shadows longer... and maybe back off on the orange a little bit, it needs to be subtle.

Darth Mole
07-14-2005, 03:43 PM
Actually, I changed a lot. Added an area 'sun' light, tweaked fill lights and ambient and altered the sky. I'll have another play... I was aiming for a dusk/sunset look. Maybe it's a bit too orangey.

Cassanovastein
07-15-2005, 07:58 AM
Stunning work. Excellent attention to detail in the model
and texturing. I am much more sold on the Mid-Day version.
Any plants growing? Some brightly colored flowers, like tall
gladiolus or small patches of dianthus would really accentuate
this piece.
Set it off brotha - this is pretty frickin' sweet.

Darth Mole
07-15-2005, 01:18 PM
Thanks Cass'. Here's a new version with a few more props and (hopefully) better lighting...