PDA

View Full Version : Streaming Resolution

Jim Nicholls
07-13-2005, 10:22 PM
Hi From Australia,

First off best of luck Newtek with release of Tricaster in Australia and thanks for the PAL version. I hope to see it at SMPTE next week in Sydney.

We are currently streaming full PAL res (720x576) of meetings where we mix scan converted PowerPoint with vision of the speaker live. Tricaster will allow us to do this in a box (great!). With our present method we also capture the mouse movements, as the speakers use this as a pointer in the PowerPoint slides.

Can ther Tricaster output WM streams at 720X576 res at ~300kbps. We really need this resolution to get detail off the technical PowerPoint slides most people seem to present. Will we be able to capture the use of the mouse as a pointer with your hybrid scan conversion system?

Jim

Paul Lara
07-14-2005, 08:19 AM
It's my understanding that a full-sized Windows Media file is closer to 700k than 300k, but I could be wrong.

I'll check to see if iVGA sends the cursor as well.

Tarheel Cougar
07-14-2005, 07:05 PM
Hi From Australia,

First off best of luck Newtek with release of Tricaster in Australia and thanks for the PAL version. I hope to see it at SMPTE next week in Sydney.

We are currently streaming full PAL res (720x576) of meetings where we mix scan converted PowerPoint with vision of the speaker live. Tricaster will allow us to do this in a box (great!). With our present method we also capture the mouse movements, as the speakers use this as a pointer in the PowerPoint slides.

Can ther Tricaster output WM streams at 720X576 res at ~300kbps. We really need this resolution to get detail off the technical PowerPoint slides most people seem to present. Will we be able to capture the use of the mouse as a pointer with your hybrid scan conversion system?

Jim

The mouse pointer is NOT sent over the IVGA. But, the VGA signal is a very crisp picture as good as any scan converter I have used, and if the mouse pointer is essential you can always keep your scan converter using one of the 3 video inputs.

If you are talking about live streaming within the Tricaster, the highest resolution it allows (NTSC obviously) is 360x240 at 30fps - 573Kbps, or Full frame at 15fps - 564kbps. The best advice I have is use big fonts and contrasting colors in Powerpoint!

Hope this helps!

Jared