PDA

View Full Version : Controlling sliders?

c0deb0y
07-13-2005, 11:00 AM
Hi,
I have a question about the plugin "Add Slider Bank" found under plugins->generic in LW 8. I added a slider bank to my LW scene to control a light rig based on the tutorial from Andy Nicholas and when I did, it dropped the slider bank smack dab in the center of the screen and I can't figure out how to move the slider bank out of the way or even manipulate any of the sliders on it. Everything I try to do with the mouse affects only my LW objects.

Is there some trick to using the slider bank or can it be deleted from the scene somehow if it is just useless in this version of LW?

Is there a better way to set up control sliders for object properties like light intensity?

Here is the link to the tutorial. It's really quite cool.
http://67.15.36.49/team/Tutorials/lighting_rig/lighting_01.asp

MooseDog
07-13-2005, 11:03 AM
Modify>Tools>Sliders

to activate the slider bank. then grab that little square thing in the upper left hand corner to move your bank around on the screen.

c0deb0y
07-13-2005, 11:22 AM
Ah! Thanks. Hadta add that one to the buttons.

Is there a list somewhere of the most commonly used buttons that should be on your side panels? Many things I don't know even exist because they aren't anywhere in the interface.

Dodgy
07-13-2005, 03:27 PM
I built my own tab to put the things I most use on, that way I don't have to switch tabs, I just go to the side. Alternatively you could build your own Mouse Menus (accessed by pressing ctrl-shift and one of the 3 mouse buttons, a different menu on each one) then you don't have to go to the side bar.

MooseDog
07-13-2005, 10:28 PM
Alternatively you could build your own Mouse Menus (accessed by pressing ctrl-shift and one of the 3 mouse buttons, a different menu on each one)

i did that for both modeler adn layout. for me it works easier.

codeboy, just open up the edit menu button adn start looking around and playing around with whatever works best for you.

c0deb0y
07-14-2005, 09:25 AM
Thanks guys. It's not the "how to" set up the menus that I have a problem with. It's more the "what to" go look for that most of you experts can't live without that don't automatically put themselves somewhere in the interface to find and therefore a semi-newbie like me would never even knew they existed.

Example being MooseDog pointing out a tool that wasn't anywhere in the interface. Although, truth be told, I think I had to add the companion plugin to the interface as well. I guess I was just hoping someone knew of a kind of guide that tells what the hidden plugins that come with LW are. Also, as in the slider bank example, the companion plugin that you need to find to control it.