PDA

View Full Version : Do all the new RS-8's look like this?

TAV Media
07-12-2005, 10:09 PM
I had two RS-8's that had the buttons all red. This other one has a red program row, green preview row, and blue downstream key buttons...reminds me of my mighty mix that I use upstream of the VT. Just wondering if Newtek is making them this way now, or did somebody mod this one?

Paul Lara
07-13-2005, 09:51 AM
Just wondering if Newtek is making them this way now, or did somebody mod this one?

Yes, NewTek is now shipping a newer RS-8 with colorful buttons and 30% fewer calories. :cool:

This is to standardize our production with the TriCaster VM, which has red, green and blue buttons to be color-coordinated with their on-screen functions.

Irsmun
07-13-2005, 02:35 PM
I want the one with the pretty lights. Can we trade?

mgrusin
07-14-2005, 11:20 AM
Sweeeeet! :D

-MG.

bradl
07-16-2005, 02:29 AM
Is it just the button or the lightbulb or what, in other words, would it be easy-cheap to update one?

PIZAZZ
07-16-2005, 04:18 PM
Is it just the button or the lightbulb or what, in other words, would it be easy-cheap to update one?

it would be the little lightbulb embedded in the switch. Sometimes they can be easy and sometimes not to change. you could always use a highlighter and highlight all the labels inside the buttons. Then you can do some color mixing. Red light with Green highlighter. Now that would be pretty. :D

PIZAZZ
07-16-2005, 04:22 PM
Just wondering if Newtek is making them this way now, or did somebody mod this one?

What are you thinking... No one every mods Newtek products...... ;)

Here is my RS8. It has been chopped and slammed to fit in a rack. One day maybe Newtek will make rackmountable RS8's a choice... until then I have a waterjet cutter that does a pretty good job.

http://www.vjgear.com/prodimages/full_VTtoGOpic3open.jpg