PDA

View Full Version : how to ripp dvd's with no quality loss what so ever?

Seti Orion
07-11-2005, 07:49 PM
I need to ripp some dvds into a vt4 project. I have tried AoA dvd ripper and they told me their best settings, but I still see degration.

How do I copy wholes dvds, chapters or clips perfectly with no loss of quality what so ever.
I will be ripping lots of little clips of of dvds, so being able to ripp small clips with ease is important.

Should i ripp them into avi?
What format will toaster work best with?

What software do i need, and what exactly do i got to do?

jport
07-11-2005, 08:18 PM
check this one out it might be what your looking for

www.imtoo.com

Rich Deustachio
07-11-2005, 10:48 PM
Did you try DVD Decrypter?

http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/dvd_rippers/dvd_decrypter.cfm

Roland2
07-12-2005, 04:53 AM
I load the .vob in the free virtualdub (google for it) and convert (save as avi) it with interleaved sound. If the DVD is a good material the output is very good.
It convert on my 2xXeon 2MHZ with 45 frames/s.

The other method is described elsewhere in the forum.

Copy .vob to HD and with a freeware extensionchanger change .vob to .avi
and load it in TED.

What I realy want would be a DVD Mediaplayer in VT 4.X like DDR.

Roland2

bradl
07-12-2005, 08:11 AM
Searched for that extension changer and found multiple layers of spam and popups. What is the difference of typing a new extension vs. using this pgm?

Roland2
07-12-2005, 09:33 AM
Extension changer is ideal for changing files extension, with a few clicks you can have the job done.
The old methods were unchecking 'Hide file extensions of known file types' option from the 'Folder Options' dialog.
or renaming the file from DOS. Using Extension Changer you can change hundreds of files extension ine one go

from

http://www.yehiaeg.com/extchanger/desc.php

Roland2

PIZAZZ
07-12-2005, 09:49 AM
I need to ripp some dvds into a vt4 project. I have tried AoA dvd ripper and they told me their best settings, but I still see degration.

How do I copy wholes dvds, chapters or clips perfectly with no loss of quality what so ever.
I will be ripping lots of little clips of of dvds, so being able to ripp small clips with ease is important.

Should i ripp them into avi?
What format will toaster work best with?

What software do i need, and what exactly do i got to do?

In our VJLive product offering, we bundle the #1DVDRipper found at www.dvdtox.com

I highly recommend it. You can rip directly into a rtv file even if you want to. It is well worth the $35.