PDA

View Full Version : Sliders

parm
07-10-2005, 04:37 PM
Is anyone having problems using sliders?

I made a light rig and am trying to use sliders to control intensity, R, G, and B.

They do work, but they won't select by clicking directly on them. You have to select them in the objects tab at the bottom of the screen. And then, to change which slider you want to use. Not only do have to select it in the objects tab list. You have to deselect 'Sliders' in the Modify tab and reselect sliders again to use.

I haven't used sliders before. Is this normal? or am I doing something wrong.

Parm

LW 8.3, G5, OS 10.4

toby
07-10-2005, 06:46 PM
Yes it's normal, but you can have all your sliders in one panel - what you want to do is create a Null for the slider panel instead of putting it on an object.

I thought you could slide a slider without pressing the button but I just tried it and you can't - I guess it makes sense, moving objects also takes place in the viewport, so they chose to keep the sliders separated with this Slider 'mode' -

parm
07-11-2005, 12:09 AM
Thanks for the quick reply.

Reassuring, but it does feel a little bit awkward in use though.

Parm

toby
07-11-2005, 12:28 AM
Thanks for the quick reply.

I'm bored! I haven't worked for a month and a half! I start work tomorrow though, so I won't be hogging the forum so much anymore ... until I'm outta work again :) and I'll allow Hrgiger keep his crown for the most posts - for now :grumpy:

Reassuring, but it does feel a little bit awkward in use though.

Parm
It's the perfect thing for a keyboard shortcut! If you're switching back and forth a lot, it'll make it a lot easier.