PDA

View Full Version : I appreciate what you're trying to do NT,

toby
07-10-2005, 04:26 PM
But the way every panel highlights the first text field (constantly) is driving me up the :cursin: wall!!.

The first field gets highlighted whenever a particular panel, like a texture editor, is brought to the front. But this happens even when you highlight a field further down - it jumps back up to the first field! I can't tell you how many times I've entered a figure into the wrong field, not to mention having to click outside the field every single time I need to press a key on the keyboard!

I can't use F9 when a text field is highlighted. Don't get between a dog and his F9.

But again, I appreciate the effort.

parm
07-11-2005, 12:20 AM
Especially annoying for keyboard watchers like me :grumpy:

btw, I thought it was a bug, didn't realise it was deliberate

Parm

riki
07-11-2005, 01:35 AM
oh that gets me as well. I'll manually enter a value for XYZ then hit return and then I can't access F9 until I deselect the next input field. A small thing, but gets me time and time again.

toby
07-11-2005, 02:57 AM
One thing I think Newtek should get an award for is using the *numeric* enter to tab to the next field and the carriage return to clear all fields. It's brilliant! In ALL other programs, you have to manually select every single field, or reach all the way to the other side of the keyboard for the tab, and in 3D where you have XYZ fields it's just stupid. Newtek seems to be the only people that realized it.

Even Photoshop needs to get this clue! In 3DSMax if you have the color palette open, you can't use a single keyboard shortcut! The fields do not clear ever!