PDA

View Full Version : How to tweek mocap

directoranimato
07-10-2005, 01:33 PM
I have a mocapped character in LW and need a tutorial on tweeking the data. When the character moves his neck over streches and makes the neck look deformed and the chest makes HIM look like he has boobs. Anyone with tweeking help?

SplineGod
07-12-2005, 01:12 AM
I have a rig that is set up specifically to deal with mocap. I apply the data to joint bones that are there just to rotate. I also have bones at the joints that are there just to override and tweak the mocap. The rest are just hold bones.

cresshead
07-12-2005, 02:05 PM
hey, larry does any of your cdrom training cover how to properly setup a character in lightwave for use with BVH files?

if not..how about a cdrom that covered it?...similar to your bones cdrom..say a few hours of training that just covers the production workflow of using mo cap files on a character and editing it a bit too.....

steve g

SplineGod
07-12-2005, 04:16 PM
The rigging module has a section which covers the rig that I used at Foundation for use with mocap.
Basically the rig has the joint/rotational bones that will receive mocap data pointing down the z axis (zeroed out). On top of those are tweak bones to override or tweak the mocap. Next are the hold bones.
Basically you would load in a bvh file and copy the motions from joint to joint.
At Foundation we used filmbox.
Several options come to mind:
Copying motions from one joint to another
Using follower on one rig to have the joints follow other joints on the BHV rig.

directoranimato
07-12-2005, 09:05 PM
O.K. I am trying to understand. How can I tweak the keyframes if they land between the keyframes. If I move a bone it will put the new keyframe on the keyframe and I can't get to the incorrect keyframe to delet it. So how do I tweak?