PDA

View Full Version : Can panels be docked?

slimbolina
07-09-2005, 05:32 AM
Hi folks,

I'm still a newbie, but don't seem to be able to find any reference to this issue in the obvious places, so maybe you can assist. :o

I watched a video tutorial where the guy pulls up the numeric & layers panels, etc. then magically they tiled beautifully down the righthand side of his screen with the whole of Modeller tiling to the left and making the most of the screen space available with nothing overlapping. My question is: are there a couple of mouse clicks that I do to achieve this? Or does it have to be laid out manually and then saved? I can't find anything on this subject in the manual, and a search here didn't throw much up either. I hope a wise soul can shed some light.

TIA,
Slim

Lightwolf
07-09-2005, 05:36 AM
There is no docking for panels in LW. There is a tool included called WinowConfigure or something like that. The results I had were flaky though.
AFAIK you poisition the panels as desired, quit LW, restart and then apply that plugin to save the positions of the panels which you can then recall.
The LW quit/restart has to happen because the plugin reads the panel positions and states from LWs config file, which only gets saved when you quit.

I have to admit I never use it though...

Cheers,
Mike

Snosrap
07-09-2005, 09:48 AM
Just open Modeler and press "n" to bring up the numeric panel. Press "w" to bring up the Statistics panel and then open the Windows-Layers Panel from the menu on the left. At that point you should be able to rearrange the windows and panels on the screen to almost any setup you like. See my setup below. Quit Modeler and it will automatically save your configuration.

Cheers Snos

slimbolina
07-09-2005, 04:12 PM
Thanks guys :)

riki
07-09-2005, 07:14 PM
I wish we had this feature though, so that they would snap in place and stay there.