PDA

View Full Version : Advanced Refection Question Help!

RogueFX
07-08-2005, 01:43 AM
OK heres what I need help with. I have a pair of UV protected glasses and they are orange. Now when light and images reflect off of it in the real world it only reflects things in an orange and reddish spectrum. Now in lightwave if you give it just a plain reflection it ends up reflecting all sorts of different colors. So how do I simulate the effect of only reflecting a range of one color like in the real world. I'm sure there's a shader I have to use I just don't know what. So please HELP!

Mike.....

Surrealist.
07-08-2005, 02:16 AM
Have you tried Color Highlights - Advanced Tab?

Other than that the color of the surface should show tint it anyway. right?

Post an image if this is not cutting it. You can even choose raytracing and spherical map with no map it will ignore the backdrop color.

lardbros
07-08-2005, 02:19 AM
Go to the material for the glasses in the surface editor and go to the Advanced tab. Then grab the colour highlights slider and crank it up to 100%.

This worked fine, and changes the colour of all highlights to the colour of the object colour.

There is probably a shader that does stuff like this too, but i didn't bother trying any coz this one does just fine.

Hope this is what you are after?

Just posted this reply and got beaten by 3 minutes! I need to type and think faster!

RogueFX
07-08-2005, 11:24 AM
Thanks guys thats exactly what I was looking for, man I feel so stupid it was such a simple thing to do I always seem to think that its more complex when I end up having to generate an effect that I dont know.

toby
07-08-2005, 02:52 PM
If you can see any transparency you'll also want to turn on some Color Filter, same panel.

Whoa! Just viewing all these new animated icons, my browser's using 50% of a CPU! Slowing down my render!
:2guns: