PDA

View Full Version : Problems With Picking Objects

robk
07-07-2005, 01:45 PM
I would like to know if anyone else is having problems with this in 8.3.
when populating my Architectural renders with people, cars etc. after inserting 2 or 3 objects and then inserting the next object Liqghtwave will not let me select that object and the current object selected shown on the botton info bar always refers to the first object in the object list. The object I want to move or scale will be highlighted on the the screen but not be the object on the bottom bar. I have to save my scene and objects and shut down lightwave and start it up again and the everything is ok for a while untill I insert some more object into the scene. Even when i choose the object in the scene editor it still reverts back to the first object in the object list instead of the one I have choosen. VERY FRUSTRATING! Also alot of the time after saving the scene and objects and then shutting down Lightwave It give me a error upon exiting lightwave. I am usually always using Fprime during my layout session so it might be rated to that also.
Any help would be appreciated since I am getting tired of shutting down Lightwave and starting it up again all the time.

toby
07-07-2005, 07:23 PM
If you get an error when LW quits, you probably need to delete the config file. This should make it more stable. It will erase any custom setup you've made to the LW interface though, so save your keyboard shortcuts and menu configs first.

I'm betting that you have millions of polygons in the scene, and moving them around while Fprime's open takes a lot of power. If you're just placing objects, you shouldn't need Fprime, and things will move a lot faster too. If selections are still sluggish, change the viewports to wireframe and see if that helps.

mats4d_
08-30-2005, 12:08 PM
True, Robk

another question, Im also working on an architectural scene with millions of poly's and thousands of models, vegetation, props, cars etc..

do you know of a way to save a group of selected objects in layout as a single object? this makes removing the unnecessary props and reloading them later a LOT easier and cuts render times.

Ive been looking for a plugin that does that , but cant find anything

any ideas?

thanks !

Surrealist.
08-30-2005, 12:45 PM
True, Robk

another question, Im also working on an architectural scene with millions of poly's and thousands of models, vegetation, props, cars etc..

do you know of a way to save a group of selected objects in layout as a single object? this makes removing the unnecessary props and reloading them later a LOT easier and cuts render times.

Ive been looking for a plugin that does that , but cant find anything

any ideas?

thanks !

I thought so. I figured that you were looking to do this a zillion times or somthing, but still, just about the same work as selecting tham all in the scene editor would work in modeler.

See your other thread. :D