PDA

View Full Version : CurveConform Displacement has bugs on MacOS

Red_Oddity
04-28-2003, 03:04 AM
Not sure it should be posted here...but i had to let you people at NewTek know that the Mac version of the CurveConform works different than the x86 version...to be more precise, the Mac version has a nasty bug and x86 version doesn't...

On the Mac it sometimes squashes and inverts certain parts of the object that is being conformed on a curve whereas the same object (heck same scene even) on the PC doesn' t do that, it works like a charm...

Bad thing is, i have a deadline and i usually use the Macs along the PC to render out frames, now i can't however....

Ahwell, better work a bit faster and optimise my objects some more....

Red_Oddity
04-29-2003, 03:07 AM
Aaaarrrhhhh....

Seems it's not just OS-X that does this...another PC we had rendering last night gave the exact same garbage the Macs gave...

This is so friggin weird...why can't anything in Lightwave just WORK the way it's supposed to...some days this software drives me nuts...
Now i'm to figure out what is causing this crap....

Great, there goes pitch nr 2 down the drain...my boss is REALLY pleased by this...maybe i should get a job in another industry...cleaning toilets for example...seems to be more appreciated by people too....

Rant rant rant...

Red_Oddity
04-29-2003, 03:54 AM
DOOOOHHHHHH!!!!....

I can be such a stupid tit at times....found it...

I seem to have used the Splinamate.p from the 7.5b in my 7.5 dir...
I should have known...sorry NT...my bad...

That does leave me in a bit a predicament, i need the 7.5b update for the Mac, since that contains the Splinamate.p for Mac...duh...any chance of downloading that somewhere?

Gotta admit...that was a really usefull update in 7.5b then...you don't know what you had until you mis it...

Arnie Cachelin
04-29-2003, 10:19 AM
Hopefully some people have kept the plugins from Mac 7.5b at least. There were some good fixes that mostly should work fine with 7.5.