PDA

View Full Version : Advice needed for UV Pro Plugin

agsilva
07-06-2005, 04:39 PM
I just upgraded my Lightwave to 8/8.3 (from 5.0 :D ) and I was poking around the Lightwave Store and saw the UV Pro Plugin. The description basically says that it offers UV editing without unwelding vertices. Does that really apply in the newest version of LW? What I mean is, is this a useful Plugin or are most of those features built into LW 8/8.3 now? I hate the idea of having to make flat unwelded copies of my models for UVing.

Also when I get my package and set it up will I need to install the other patches first like 8.2, etc. or does 8.3 include all the previous updates? The website doesn't really say.

Thanx, Alex

Dodgy
07-07-2005, 03:32 AM
I think you just have to install the 8.3 patch.

UV edit pro I don't think is that useful especially with 8.3. I use it mainly for getting screen grabs of the uv map instead of having to save out an image. I also find it tends to screw up my uvs more often than not...

munky
07-07-2005, 04:58 AM
Sadly I've found UV edit pro (on the mac) to be completly useless. Just trying to select polygons crashes modeller every time. Perhaps I'm doing it wrong but I suspect not!

regards

paul

lede
07-07-2005, 09:11 AM
Your packedge should already come as 8.3 but if it doesn't don't worry all you need to do is download the 8.3 patch and your done.

Not sure how useful UV Edit Pro is but I can tell you the tools for editing UV maps in Lightwave have gotten a lot better. Proton had a demonstration of the new UV tools.

http://vbulletin.newtek.com/showthread.php?t=32374
http://vbulletin.newtek.com/showthread.php?t=30521

-Lee

nemac4
07-07-2005, 09:47 PM
I'd say skip UV Edit Pro,.. you might want to look at www.unfold3d.com for an extra uv tool
LW's native UV editing is pretty nice with free move and subpatches.

agsilva
07-08-2005, 04:34 PM
Thanks for the advice! I guess I won't be needing UVPro. I kind of got the sense it was more for previous versions anyway. I'll check out the unfold too.