PDA

View Full Version : LightWave [8]/Vue 5 Infinite Bundle Offer

Kurtis
07-06-2005, 03:53 PM
NewTek and e-on software are pleased to announce today a special offer providing Vue 5 Infinite®, e-on's flagship solution for the creation of natural 3D environments, and LightWave 3D®, NewTek's Emmy-award winning 3D content creation and rendering package, with special pricing.

LightWave [8] Upgrade w/ electronic documentation and Vue 5 Infinite - $495
LightWave [8] Upgrade w/ printed documentation and Vue 5 Infinite - $595
LightWave [8] Full w/ electronic documentation and Vue 5 Infinite - $995
LightWave [8] Full w/ printed documentation and Vue 5 Infinite - $1095

The text of the press release can be found at:
http://www.newtek.com/news/releases/07-06-05a.html

Surrealist.
07-06-2005, 04:11 PM
Kurtis is this a full version? Digital Fusion still sits on my shelf as it did not come with the modules I was interested in.

Also , these are some fancy features, but how is it on rendering time?

I was diggin the last upgrade(ending june 30) but wasn not able to do it as I had to pay a huge bill.

I am particulary interested in the shaders though if this is a full version.

Kurtis
07-06-2005, 07:31 PM
Yes, this is a full version of Vue 5 Infinite.

Surrealist.
07-06-2005, 07:39 PM
Well in that case they can let you out of that jacket. :) I'm upgrading!

adrian
07-07-2005, 01:57 AM
I have to say Vue5 Infinite actually looks pretty good - and I've been wanting to upgrade for a while :-)

Kurtis, is this offer available to those of us in Europe as well? I ask because all these prices are in $ and we don't pay with them :D

Adrian.

BeeVee
07-07-2005, 02:05 AM
Adrian, you need to look at the NewTek Europe site more regularly... :)

http://www.newtek-europe.com/uk/shop/index.html

B

adrian
07-07-2005, 03:18 AM
After slapping my wrists, I will create some 3d text: "I will check Newtek Europe regularly!" and render with radiosity with 1000 passes so it takes so long the message will be burnt into my memory :D

Adrian.

BeeVee
07-07-2005, 03:34 AM
LOL! You're being too extreme! I think 500 passes should suffice... :)

B

adrian
07-07-2005, 06:04 AM
I've just spent the last 25 minutes browsing the e-on website checking out Vue5 Infinite. I no longer think this package "looks pretty good", more like jawdroppingly awesome - and then I imagine using this in conjunction with LW8.3 - definately worth the investment.

Adrian.

lwaddict
07-07-2005, 06:17 AM
This is great!
I was looking at getting Vue and now BAM!

But...
I've already got Lightwave 8.3
but...
I've also got a Toaster that needs a software upgrade to V4...
will this be offered for Toaster owners?

Wow though...what a deal.

starbase1
07-07-2005, 06:48 AM
Is there any significant ability for LW and Vue Infinite to work together?

I must / may be missing something, but I don't see the logic in bundling a competing 3d package with LW...

Nick

BeeVee
07-07-2005, 06:59 AM
You can transfer a lot of stuff both ways, and Vue excels at large terrains that any version of LightWave bar the 64-bit one would balk at, plus you have the EcoSystem tools to put trees and vegetation in your scenes. However, Vue doesn't have any kind of real modelling tools, so it makes sense both ways...

B

adrian
07-07-2005, 07:11 AM
Or simply use Vue to create a "matte painting" backdrop to use in your LW scenes.....

Let's face it, LW cannot cope with scenes containing billions of polygons - imagine rendering that with radiosity! Also Vue seems to be quite strong on the animation front (for fly-bys etc).

There is no way I would consider using Vue for modelling (with the exception of bevelled text which looks like may be quicker than doing it in LW).

Adrian.

Chuck
07-07-2005, 09:48 AM
Haven't seen the new Text Layers tool in 8.3, eh, Adrian? :dance:

Liber777
07-07-2005, 09:58 AM
I was looking at getting Vue and now BAM! ...I've already got Lightwave 8.3...
I've also got a Toaster that needs a software upgrade to V4...
will this be offered for Toaster owners?

I'm in the same boat, already on 8.3, and I've been holding off on the VT[4] upgrade, possibly until the release of 4.5, and I was just pricing Vue Infinite two days ago...!

~Stivan

adrian
07-07-2005, 10:15 AM
No Chuck... I'm slightly ignorant on the features of 8.3. I kind of forgot about this version once I heard people talking about some problems with the layout (the text being too big amongst other things) - and not having the dough at the time to upgrade anyway.

Still now I have I will upgrade anyway - and with Vue5 being bundled as well it's just sped up my decision!

So I take it, bevelling letters is not such a pain-in-the-butt anymore then?

Adrian.

FranK10
07-07-2005, 02:40 PM
Is there some offer to us, owner of LW8 ? A sidegrade offer?
Please...

starbase1
07-07-2005, 02:48 PM
I wasn't knocking Vue - I bought the cheapy V4 downnload edition myelf a few months back, (though I have yet to really get to grips with it).

It's just that it doesn't make any sense to me as a strategic move, unless this is the first step towards greater cooperation / integration between the products...

Nick

taproot2
07-07-2005, 07:46 PM
I'm already running 8.3. To be honest it seems that Vue 5 would be all I need to start taking my ideas to the final stages. Any deals that may include registered owners? If not, let me know now, cause my "buy now" finger is gettin' itchy. Well...?, well...?
taproot2
www.provinestudios.com

Liber777
07-08-2005, 08:58 AM
Can this offer be used to upgrade the Lightwave 7.5 version included with VT[3]?

~Stivan

Silverblade
07-08-2005, 07:24 PM
*has Infinite, would really like to get his evil scheming paws on Lightwave so he can make even more mayhem!*

In other words, "Lowbie pond slime looking to get Lightwave cheap because he has Vue Infinite and would be a bit PO'd if this offer wasn't extended to those who have Vue already!*

*begs and pleades in the slush and snow outside Newtek HQ, liek Dick Van Dyke, but with a much better Cockney accent...the depths a Scotsman must sink to these days!*

"Please guvn'r! Just a farthing for a poor helpless conar.., er, artist who's but a lowly speck of dung upon thy Nikes!"

:eek: :help: :eek:

lwaddict
07-12-2005, 05:31 PM
Ok...it's been awhile...
I'm taking it that Newtek either doesn't want to say "no" to the question,
which would be fine. Any answer is better than no answer. :cool:

Or...

they're ignoring us altogether... :grumpy:

Or...

they've figured out how to get it to us and just haven't posted it yet? :agree: :thumbsup:

Hmm?
Hmm?

Newtek?

kml12
07-12-2005, 05:34 PM
Would be nice to add, I'd be interested...

at_626
07-12-2005, 09:53 PM
Is there some offer to us, owner of LW8 ? A sidegrade offer?
Please...

me toooooo... :grumpy:
Just got LW8 little while ago :o ... and now this LW + Vue offer... :eek: may be LW9+vue5+FPrime offer after Siggraph :thumbsup:
will see...

Chuck
07-13-2005, 10:15 AM
We're looking into options to bring Vue to folks who already have LightWave [8]. If we are able to work something out, we'll post the information.

Regarding the question of LightWave for folks who already have Vue - I'll pass the query along to our management team.

c0deb0y
07-13-2005, 02:24 PM
[QUOTE=Chuck]We're looking into options to bring Vue to folks who already have LightWave [8]. If we are able to work something out, we'll post the information.

You da man! :I_Love_Ne

Liber777
07-13-2005, 03:29 PM
We're looking into options to bring Vue to folks who already have LightWave [8]...

That would be fabulous. I for one, am ready to buy if you can work such a deal. Good luck!

~Stivan

problemchild
07-13-2005, 06:54 PM
At the moment it's upgrade a second time and save $100.

mattclary
07-13-2005, 06:55 PM
:i_agree: ...with Liber777

I bought the $69 version of Vue 4 hoping to get a deal cut on 5 eventually, but it's been looking grim. Just can't afford the toys I could before the kid came. :o

lwaddict
07-14-2005, 12:34 PM
I knew it...they're looking into it.
Newtek rocks.

****, I've got two LW seats that I'll put Vue into action with.

aniboy2000
07-14-2005, 09:25 PM
Just can't afford the toys I could before the kid came. :o
You almost sound like you'd prefer the toys. http://vbulletin.newtek.com/images/smilies/brians/oye.gif I love Newtek's smilies!

mattclary
07-15-2005, 05:54 AM
Nooooooooo way. :heart:

adrian
07-18-2005, 10:58 AM
This afternoon I placed my upgrade order for LW8.3 and Vue - can't wait to get stuck into both packages!

Great credit for Newtek Europe customer service as well. I thought they would never call me back in the allotted time (they say they try to call back within 15 minutes) as I was calling from the UK, but they certainly did. Top marks.

Adrian.

jbaudrand
07-19-2005, 11:17 AM
hey, what's up for 8.3 owners? :boogiedow

Signal to Noise
07-19-2005, 12:29 PM
We're looking into options to bring Vue to folks who already have LightWave [8]. ....

I'd be ordering a copy if the deal looks good. :deal:

Safe Harbor
07-19-2005, 01:50 PM
We've added Dosch's 400 Objects for Vue CD to this great bundle from NewTek, making an even BETTER bundle! Check it out...

http://www.sharbor.com/scripts/search.cgi?ke=vue

adrian
07-20-2005, 09:46 AM
Hmmm, I wonder if I'll get that as well when my order arrives? Sounds very good although a pity there aren't any screenshots of some of the models.

Adrian.

Safe Harbor
07-20-2005, 02:18 PM
Adrian, did you order it from us? And if so, did you order the item that includes the Dosch models, or just the NewTek bundle? That would make a difference in determining whether or not you get the models... ;)

adrian
07-21-2005, 12:20 AM
No, I ordered it from Newtek-Europe. Never mind, it's still an awesome bundle anyway :)

Adrian.

lesford
07-21-2005, 04:13 PM
Any more word on this Chuck? Hopefully E-on will see the wisdom in making a deal that will bring new users into their upgrade cycle, if not for free, then for a reduced price. I, for example have two Lighwave seats that I would consider Vue for. I was tossing over whether to put the money into Vue or into Zbrush. They definitely have the power to make that decision for me, by showing a responsiveness to customer needs now, while I'm trying to make up my mind.

I'm not asking to get the thing for free, but I would like some kind of solid gesture of goodwill.

I still have a copy of DFX on the shelf, filed in the useless offers section. It has never been opened, but Vue; there's an app that I would actually consider using.

GCL
07-21-2005, 06:09 PM
I still have a copy of DFX on the shelf, filed in the useless offers section. It has never been opened, but Vue; there's an app that I would actually consider using.

Same here ! Except I got mine installed but not using it. Would have jumped at Vue offer fer sure. I hope that "if any" deals are passed on to users, it's a good one. That is, $100-200 range, less is best (my available cash on hand).

adrian
07-26-2005, 12:41 AM
Well I'm now happily using LW8.3 and have installed VueInfinite. Unfortunately the latter doesn't come with any documentation whatsoever.

I was hoping that there would be step-by-step tutorials on how to create scenes similar to what is on the demo movie file :(

I am now in the process of looking for such tuts - if anyone knows of any (and I'm talking about Vue5Infinite tuts, not Vue4 or Esprit) then please share as I find this piece of software is virtually useless unless you know how to use it.

Adrian.

Verlon
07-26-2005, 12:47 AM
"Can I upgrade from 8 to 8?"

Ditto for me...Vue 5 looks VERY useful. Not having an offer for those of us who pre-ordered would be like sending a message for us to wait as long as possible before making the switch to LW9. :P

Don't punish the early adopters....PLEASE :D

You gotta help me...I still have Natural Scene Designer (remember Scenery Animator from the Amiga? Its the PC port), and the vegetation is....not as good.

How about a competive upgrade offer from Natural Scene Desiger? Bryce? Notepad? My Crayola 128 Pack and some Construction paper???? Where's the love, man?

Zach
07-26-2005, 01:32 AM
I'm back! I just bought this bundle. I was looking for an excuse to get back into the wave, and now here it is! Too good of a deal!

I'm still going to use XSI though.

Zach
07-26-2005, 01:36 AM
Adrian,

Check this out:

vue tutorials (http://www.e-onsoftware.com/Support/Tutorials.php) or Vue's Support Main Page (http://www.e-onsoftware.com/Support/index.php)

Verlon
07-26-2005, 05:01 AM
pfft.

The LAST thing I need is to check out stuff for software I can't buy yet.

c0deb0y
07-26-2005, 09:45 AM
You mean it doesn't even come with the digital help file? I'm using the trial version of Infinite right now and it has a full help file associated with it, plus Python documentation. If it helps, you can download the trial version and get the help file from there Adrian. :thumbsup:

Darksuit
07-26-2005, 02:41 PM
I was hoping that there would be step-by-step tutorials on how to create scenes similar to what is on the demo movie file :(

Adrian.

One thing you can do is get a copy of 3d World Mag (http://www.3dworldmag.com) Issue 67. There is a Vue 5 tutorial inside, you might even be able to find it on the web site.

Bushmsn
07-26-2005, 11:26 PM
Hello I just upgraded to 8.3 and I am woundering if I am eligible for the upgrade to the Vue 5 infinite bundle.

jbaudrand
07-27-2005, 05:12 AM
:beerchug:
me too....
Chuck? what's up?

:boogiedow

Chuck
07-27-2005, 08:28 AM
No news to report yet, we're still working on it.

lesford
07-27-2005, 09:43 AM
Thanks for the update Chuck. It's good to hear that the possiblilty is still alive.

at_626
07-27-2005, 10:08 PM
NT Rock :agree:

illusory
07-28-2005, 12:05 AM
I got Vue Infinite right after it came out -- it came with a big thick manual. There are not too many tutorials around for it yet, but check out these:

http://www.sacada.com.au/Vue5Infinite.asp

http://www.thomaskrahn.com/Tutorials.htm

http://www.renderosity.com/tut.ez?Sectionid=12368

there are several good ones here on Renderosity -- check out the tutorial on the function editor. It's hard to find any tutorials on that, and it is a very powerful texture system, but the learning curve is kinda steep. This is a great tutorial.

Somebody mentioned the tut in 3D world -- thats a very good one and gives amazing results.

Now I am hearing from the company e-on that they are developing some kind of full integration with 3ds max and Maya! .....here''s hoping that if enough Lwavers get Vue Infinite, they will do that for Lightwave too....lobby lobby lobby..

On another note, Vue 5I seems to do multithreading very well, it just flies on my dual athalons. And there are several levels of GI (radiosity) you can use, and you can choose to use a simple quality slider, or delve into other scaling parameters (even a graphic 'samples' indicator to help assess). There is a lot thought out about how you can tweak GI for outdoor scenes on objects, like how much light to take from the sun and how much from the sky, etc -- many possibilities.

Well, even though I missed the bundle offer, it will be good to see more Lightwavers working with Vue, maybe they'll get busy in our direction too...

NJ

Radamanthys
07-28-2005, 12:58 PM
i ordered last week the bundle and just received it, the guy on the phone told me that people having vue 5 infinite this way are eligible to get the printed manual at an interesting price, but i didnt found any information on that, could someone give me a clue ?

JP

DragonFist
07-28-2005, 09:07 PM
No news to report yet, we're still working on it.

I, too, would like to thank you for keeping us posted. Since, bought both VT4 (little over a year ago) and a seperate lightwave seat (few months ago) I would love to be able to take advantage of this offer ( I just missed the offer for the camera matching software).

Best,

Shawn

JamesCurtis
07-28-2005, 09:24 PM
I think I had posted on another thread about the LW/Vue 5 infinite deal. I had gotten LW8 when it was offered as a freebee when ordering an update from 6.xx to 7.5. At the time there was no other bonus incentive software offered, and had waited nearly a year for LW8 to be released. I had missed out [by only a month or so] the DFX offer. It would be nice if I could actually get in on a special deal since I'd missed out on all of the the other cool offers too. I hope "Chuck" that you'll come through for us.

Lude
07-29-2005, 12:56 AM
Yeah I got 2 seats of Lightwave 8 about 4 weeks ago, but haven't yet registered them as I’m going to format 2 computers first but have been waiting for some current work to end.

It would be great to get a deal of some kind.

Liber777
08-03-2005, 01:48 PM
Well, I ordered my Lightwave 9 upgrade and Vue 5 Infinite bundle yesterday... Thanks, Chuck!!! I'm looking forward to 8.5, 9, and Vue...!

warmest,
Stivan

adrian
08-04-2005, 12:51 AM
Thanks for the links to the Vue tuts illusory, these will come in very handy.

I actually saw the copy of 3dWorld that had the Vue5 tut, but at the time I didn't have Vue so I didn't buy it :grumpy:

I'm trying to get in contact with E-onsoftware about their lack of decent tutorials and getting hold of that oh-so elusive manual.

What's all this about LightWave 9????????? Don't tell me I upgraded at the wrong time AGAIN??! When I bought 6.5, three weeks later 7 was released - must be a knack I have ;)

Adrian.

Earl
08-04-2005, 01:03 AM
What's all this about LightWave 9????????? Don't tell me I upgraded at the wrong time AGAIN??! When I bought 6.5, three weeks later 7 was released - must be a knack I have ;)

Did you buy the upgrade to [8] and Vue bundle? Or did you buy Vue separately? If you bought the LW/Vue bundle you are entitled to a free upgrade to v9.

adrian
08-04-2005, 01:08 AM
Yes I did buy the upgrade (with Vue). Now I'm excited!!!!!!!!!

Adrian.

adrian
08-04-2005, 04:34 AM
Okay, I don't get this (from Newtek LW9 page):

For registered owners of LightWave [7.5] or earlier:

LightWave [8] upgrade, PDF manual, Vue 5 Infinite, free update to v9: $395
LightWave [8] upgrade, printed manual, Vue 5 Infinite,free update to v9: $495

It says on the one hand, free update to v9 - but then it says $395/$495.

How can it be free if it costs $395 or am I reading this wrong?

Version 9 looks very appealing (up to 2.5 times faster renderer? Yes please!)

Adrian.

mattclary
08-04-2005, 04:41 AM
What it means is that if you are using 7.x now, you can buy an upgrade to 8 and when 9 comes out, you will automatically get that for free.

adrian
08-04-2005, 06:42 AM
Oh yes of course - Doh!!!

Adrian.

Darksuit
08-04-2005, 12:52 PM
Adrian,
if you contact 3D World Mag (http://www.3dworldmag.com) They are pretty god about selling you back Issues. Issue 67 (which is the one with the Vue Tutorial) is still on sale here in the US untill the 10th of August. Barnes and Noble doesnt change out the UK mags till then.

However your best bet as always is to contact 3D World Mag (http://www.3dworldmag.com) directly and get the issue, it also has a good break down of wireless mouse devices for 3d modeling.

adrian
08-04-2005, 01:34 PM
Cheers, will do.

Adrian.

GCL
08-04-2005, 05:19 PM
Just to clear the air (if possible), is there any hope to get the Vue ONLY for previous owners of LW 8 OR is the current price scheme of $395 (with LW9 upgrade) the ANSWER ?

I guess the path may be obvious but good to know for sure.

mattclary
08-05-2005, 04:38 AM
Just to clear the air (if possible), is there any hope to get the Vue ONLY for previous owners of LW 8 OR is the current price scheme of $395 (with LW9 upgrade) the ANSWER ?

I guess the path may be obvious but good to know for sure.

Let me get this straight: You want to know if you can get a cheap copy of Vue Infinite from Newtek WITHOUT buying an upgrade of LightWave???

GCL
08-05-2005, 01:09 PM
Let me get this straight: You want to know if you can get a cheap copy of Vue Infinite from Newtek WITHOUT buying an upgrade of LightWave???

The reasoning behind this question is:

1) Those users that have bought LW 8 and not wish to upgrade (for whatever reason)

2) Those users that HAVE bought the upgrade (but outside the time frame) to LW 8 and have no choice.

3) Insert here the next reason....

That's my approach to it. Yes, the Vue & LW 9 upgrade is hard to pass up but this question is based on the above statements.

Tiger
08-05-2005, 01:28 PM
I asked NewTek Europe about L.W.9 and here is the replay:

Hello Thomas,

NewTek Europe has just launched a new special offer which includes LightWave 3D [9].

For LightWave [8] registered owners, LightWave 3D [9] UPGRADE PRE-ORDER* + e-on software Vue 5 Infinite is available at 395 Euros ex VAT and ex delivery costs.

Please feel free to get back in touch with your local dealer for all further information:

Mr Janne Arvidsson
LANLINK AB
Box 455
SOLLENTUNA SE-191 24
SWEDEN
[46] (0)8 96 94 00

Thanks and best regards.

Carole LE BERRE
United Kingdom, Republic of Ireland, Scandinavia and South Africa Sales Representative

Mail to : [email protected]

NewTek Europe
Europarc – 17 av Leonard de Vinci - 33600 Pessac FRANCE
33 (0)557 262 262 - 33 (0)557 262 261 Fax
http://www.newtek-europe.com

mattclary
08-05-2005, 01:42 PM
The reasoning behind this question is:

1) Those users that have bought LW 8 and not wish to upgrade (for whatever reason)

2) Those users that HAVE bought the upgrade (but outside the time frame) to LW 8 and have no choice.

3) Insert here the next reason....

That's my approach to it. Yes, the Vue & LW 9 upgrade is hard to pass up but this question is based on the above statements.

The Vue deal is supposed to be an ENTICEMENT for you to upgrade. If you don't want to upgrade Newtek will not give you a copy of Vue. Man, just get over it and spend the $395.

GCL
08-05-2005, 01:53 PM
The Vue deal is supposed to be an ENTICEMENT for you to upgrade. If you don't want to upgrade Newtek will not give you a copy of Vue. Man, just get over it and spend the $395.

Yea, I got over it ! I bought it !!!

This was a question for other users in a crunch. I was ready from the get go for the upgrade. Now Vue out of stock and no ETA's.

:thumbsup:

Bytehawk
08-12-2005, 07:47 PM
I got vue today, installed without any problem
first thing i was doing is looking for the manual
there is no manual, just an online help system
the tutorials I keep reading about are presumably in the printed manual, not in the online docs

the fact that there is no real manual, not even a pdf version of it, severely limits its usefullness. :thumbsdow

searching for tutorials as we speak (thanks for the vue link Zach)

mattclary
08-12-2005, 08:24 PM
Bytehawk, there IS a pdf manual. At least on MY CD there is. In the root of the Cd there is a directory called Documentation. In there is Reference Manual.pdf

Silkrooster
08-12-2005, 09:27 PM
The documentaion folder is also copied to the hard drive during the install process. If you do not see it, you may have changed the option when installing from typical to compact. I always use the custom install to make sure everything gets installed.
Silk

adrian
08-13-2005, 12:09 AM
If by chance the manual is not on your CD, get in contact with E-onsoftware, and they will send you a link to the .pdf manual - you will also find LOTS of useful tutorials in this PDF manual as well :-)

Adrian.

Bytehawk
08-13-2005, 05:23 AM
that seems like the case
http://users.skynet.be/bytehawk/eonnodocs.jpg

adrian
08-13-2005, 08:20 AM
It's under the help tab.

Adrian.

Bytehawk
08-13-2005, 08:26 AM
good try adrian, thanks, but unfortunately

i did search the full cd for pdf, but no luck

under the help directory there's only one file, the starter tutorial swf.

under the help tab in vue there is the online help thing, but that's no real introduction to the program. I did find a few tutorials and managed to do something last night. I even exported a plant i created to LW to see if it works. And it does nicely. At least I can use that feature to grow plants for LW....

as suggested i also posted a request on the vue site for assitance on this. Let's see if that helps.

crpcory
08-13-2005, 09:47 AM
So is anyone having trouble registering their LW VUE?
The e-on site won't accept my LW 8 serial (I'm taking it right off the NewTek site) nor will the instilation app off the Vue disk. Anyone have any ideas why it might be doing this or can give me a hand.

Bytehawk
08-13-2005, 09:54 AM
i got the vue cd with a new lw serial on it i had to use to register. Did you use the new number or the one you had before upgrading ?

adrian
08-13-2005, 09:59 AM
good try adrian, thanks, but unfortunately

as suggested i also posted a request on the vue site for assitance on this. Let's see if that helps.

What I also hope is that E-onsoftware realise it might be helpful to actually state that the software (with the upgrade) doesn't come with a printed manual.... although quite why they can't ship it with a printed manual is beyond me - especially with all the new business they must be getting thanks to the Newtek deal.

Adrian.

crpcory
08-13-2005, 10:17 AM
i got the vue cd with a new lw serial on it i had to use to register. Did you use the new number or the one you had before upgrading ?

There is a Lightwave Activation Code sticker on the bottom of my Vue jewel case. I tried that online and through instilation and i'm still getting 'invalid serial' errors

Stewdent101
08-13-2005, 10:33 AM
I could be wrong but i think the lightwave code is to register your copy of vue with newtek to ensure you get your copy LW9.The vue code on the jewel case is just to install vue, once installed vue will then give you another code starting with INST [it is also shown every time you run vue] which you then use to register online hope this helps

crpcory
08-13-2005, 10:50 AM
I could be wrong but i think the lightwave code is to register your copy of vue with newtek to ensure you get your copy LW9.The vue code on the jewel case is just to install vue, once installed vue will then give you another code starting with INST [it is also shown every time you run vue] which you then use to register online hope this helps

Well my jewel case has 2 labels, one has a LightWave Activation number (which looks like the same # of digits as a LW serial #) and then the pre-serial number for VUE. I'm getting errors in the activation for the field marked LightWave Serial (which seems to have a 10 digit space)

So far the LightWave Activation lable # and my LightWave 8 serial both seem to be failing for some reason

Stewdent101
08-13-2005, 11:25 AM
Well my jewel case has 2 labels, one has a LightWave Activation number (which looks like the same # of digits as a LW serial #) and then the pre-serial number for VUE. I'm getting errors in the activation for the field marked LightWave Serial (which seems to have a 10 digit space)

So far the LightWave Activation lable # and my LightWave 8 serial both seem to be failing for some reason

Yes my lightwave serial no is 10 digits beginning 281 but if you cannot enter it you can`t install it, so it`s back to the drawing board sorry

mattclary
08-13-2005, 12:36 PM
See the Vue registration thread!

crpcory
08-13-2005, 01:01 PM
See the Vue registration thread!

Ahhhhh, didn't see that. Thanks

Bytehawk
08-13-2005, 01:46 PM
What I also hope is that E-onsoftware realise it might be helpful to actually state that the software (with the upgrade) doesn't come with a printed manual.... although quite why they can't ship it with a printed manual is beyond me - especially with all the new business they must be getting thanks to the Newtek deal.

Adrian.

yep, comparing this to the giant dfx box i got a few years ago this is flimsy, but hey the contents counts

Silkrooster
08-13-2005, 04:37 PM
Has any one noticed the coincidence between the two teaser programs.
dxf+ was made by Eyeon and Vue is made by E-on.
Silk

mattclary
08-13-2005, 05:47 PM
Has any one noticed the coincidence between the two teaser programs.
dxf+ was made by Eyeon and Vue is made by E-on.
Silk

It's a conspiracy! 8/

Bytehawk
08-13-2005, 06:06 PM
Well i got to play a little. This is my first render.

http://users.skynet.be/bytehawk/3d/t_creek sunset.jpg

Silkrooster
08-14-2005, 02:15 AM
Here's my test render. I wanted to see if vue supported layers and yes it does. This garage was created using Floorplan 3d. The sidewalk and driveway was created in Lightwave and the ground was is a lightwave plane. All texturing was done in Vue.
Silk