PDA

View Full Version : CG pages don't show in Edit

soundview
07-06-2005, 12:00 PM
When I save a cg page ,(lower third) and bring it in to the timeline the output of the toater goes black for the duration of the page. I can shift it and it appears but playing back is not possible. Help!

Ed Wallick
07-06-2005, 12:52 PM
How are you saving it? I just about always do, "Save As Project" and give it a name. I always save it in the same folder where my files are. Then when you go there you'll see a folder with the name you gave it. Open it and there you will see an icon showing the lower third (or whatever you saved).

Ed

Ed Wallick
07-06-2005, 12:53 PM
Also, don't forget to click on "Overlay" in the editor.

Ed

soundview
07-06-2005, 01:08 PM
I save as a cg page and keep in the same folder with all files of the project. This has not changed and has always worked for me. I have been experiencing many more lockups of the VT4 lately. I have upgraded my Serious Magic Ultra so there may be a problem with that. Any word on a new patch for the VT4? Thanks!

Jim Capillo
07-06-2005, 01:56 PM
I have Ultra 2 installed on my machine with no ill effects. Have you tried saving the file as an individual png ? Have you tried overlaying a CG png from Photoshop as a test ?

soundview
07-06-2005, 01:59 PM
I have tried individual png but not a photoshop png. I'll give it a try.

Paul Lara
07-06-2005, 03:08 PM
Any word on a new patch for the VT4?

We're getting pretty close to release! ;)

nelsonm
07-08-2005, 11:22 AM
Hi all,

I have noticed two things that happen or don't happen depending on how you look at it. And it only happens rarely.

1. An modifed CG page will not generate a new png file on save project. Even if i blow away the png file and re-save the CG project. I will have to clone the page and then re-save the project and then only the cloned page will be generated not the original page. Even saving the project out as a different name does not help.

2. VTEDIT will not always pick up a modified CG page. Sometimes it will not pick it up at all and i will have to do a manual Alt-drag over the png on the timeline.