PDA

View Full Version : is there a way to render gradients and color seperate?

lillmagnus
07-05-2005, 09:22 AM
I have an object that have a gradient as surface, but i also want to render out the raw color of the surface seperately. Is there a way to do this without making 2 scenes with different objects. Since i have to do this form many shots it would be nice if i could somehow ignore the gradients and render to a layer in a PSD with psd export (or something like that...).

/lillmagnus

Surrealist.
07-05-2005, 12:20 PM
I have not looked at it yet too much but there is a fully updated PSD export, documented in the 8.3 addendum available for download here. Definately check that out. It has a selection for a raw color layer. So theoretically you would ceck "final render" in the basic tab and then "raw color" in the materials tab to get two layers one with gradient and one with raw color.

I haven't done anything with this so I can't say it is what you need.

Alternatively you could always just dissable the layer (checkbox next to name) if all else fails for each object or surface etc. Then render another pass which will give you a just the color of the object.

Depending on your needs there is also a Matte Object selection in the object properties pannel that will alow you to render that object as a 2 dimensional shape in a color, specified in the color requestor.

There is maybe at least one more option I can't think of off hand.

toby
07-05-2005, 02:31 PM
Put the gradient in a different channel, like diffuse, and use Render Buffer Export or the PSD saver to save the 2 channels separately, rgb and diffuse.

lillmagnus
07-06-2005, 02:24 AM
Kept laying awake last night thinking and just this morning came to the conclusion I could try to use the gradient in the diffuse channel just as Toby said.

Thanks for all help guys.
Lillmagnus