PDA

View Full Version : Slow Sreamernet!

newdogg
07-03-2005, 05:34 PM
I just noticed something. When I'm looking at my NODE windows that say "lightwave command: wait and render", it doesn't render ALL nodes at the same time. I thought that was the purpose of ScreamerNet and using multiple computers. Reply A.S.A.P. [email protected] :mad:

polarbear53
07-05-2005, 11:44 AM
ScreamerNet only talks to one node at a time. It will tell the node what to do and what to render, then the node will start rendering, then screamernet moves on to talk to the next node. So screamernet is slow if you have a lot of frames that render fast.

newdogg
07-06-2005, 09:43 PM
If that's the case, then what's the use of having ScreamerNet or multiple computers? It gotta be something to this. Maybe special cases. ILM and Pixar are using render farms. What's up with Lightwave? Does 3D Max or Maya have simultaneus rendering? Reply.
ScreamerNet only talks to one node at a time. It will tell the node what to do and what to render, then the node will start rendering, then screamernet moves on to talk to the next node. So screamernet is slow if you have a lot of frames that render fast.