PDA

View Full Version : Rage 256 XT800 Settings

Filmdesigner
07-03-2005, 09:30 AM
Anybody got some advice regarding speeding up the Rage XT800 video card? I am stil waiting upwards of a minute to regenerate the screen, which is giving me the pip.

I confess to being a new user, so there might be another setting somewhere in LW to help. In LW 7 there was an option for tweaking the bounding boxes, an option that has been buried in LW 8.

philthorn
07-03-2005, 10:14 AM
I don't know anything about the card you have but the bounding box options are still there in the display panel. press the d key to open it.

Phaxmohdem
07-03-2005, 01:28 PM
Do you mean Radeon x800XT? IF things are goofy, the best bet as a first resort is to download the latest drivers from ATI's website. IF that fails to correct whatever is going on, then it is most likely a lightwave setting that needs tweaking such as the bounding box suggestion previously. Just go throught the Display contols and see what you can do there.

My ATI x800XL card didn't have any problems at all, I just keep the openGL slider in the vidoe driversx between performance and quality and all is well in 3D land.

Filmdesigner
07-03-2005, 04:11 PM
My apologies, it is of course, a Radeon Card. I wrote that post in the wee hours of the morning after render wrangling.

I will check my display options (how could I miss it?-der) and see what happens.

Cheers