PDA

View Full Version : Joining of Minds for Plugin Designs

ThriJ
07-03-2005, 01:17 AM
http://www.geocities.com/the3dentsanimation/joining-minds-top.jpg

Okay I have decided to conduct an experiment and I know something like this has been done before. I have noticed there are a good deal of people wanting new features and plugins, and there are a good deal of people who have extraordinary programming skills looking for a challenge. That is where this thread comes in. This is where someone can post an idea and description of a plugin that would help them and the community out, and someone with the right skills can try to make it happen. After the programmer and the originator of the idea are happy with the plugin they can post it and create a thread dedicated to any further development. If the plugin is good enough, perhaps sell it. I hope this will lead to the creation of some great plugins and ease the amount of feature requests that are better suited as plugins.

WAIT! BEFORE YOU POST ANYTHING FIRST READ THE INFORMATION AND GUIDELINES ON THE DESCRIPTION THREAD!

HERE: THE DESCRIPTION THREAD (http://vbulletin.newtek.com/showthread.php?p=282506#post282506)

If you have read the description thread then it is time to get creative!

Dodgy
07-03-2005, 03:56 AM
My plugin ideas:

Copy/Mirror multiple Vmaps:
Similar the one already out there, but easier to use (the current one needs all sorts of conditions to be met before it'll actually mirror) and which does selected mulitple maps in one go (for doing bones, rather than having to do each one individually). You should be able to limit the copying/mirroring to the current poly/point selection, and do all types of vmaps abd use a threshold for assymetrical meshes. It should also be able to copy/mirror from a mesh in the background layer to one in the foreground.

Morph bones:
Be able to store groups of bone movements in a plugin, and morph the bones between them like in morph mixer. There would be two parts to the interface, the morph panel and the morph handling panel. The Morph panel would look pretty much like the MorphMixer panel. The Morph handling panel would have
'Store Morph' for getting the current selected bones/all bones' positions/rotations/scales and giving this position a name.
'Save Morph' for saving the data for a particular morph by bone name to a file.
'Load Morph' for loading same to currently selected bones or all bones. this should have an added section for setting a prefix in case of slight differences between scenes.

Realtime array.

hairy_llama
07-03-2005, 02:17 PM
Something i've been trying to talk ppl into doing for years...

A plugin that breaks your frame up into slices/boxes/etc, renders each slice on a networked node, updating in RT the slices on the main PC as they get completed, then giving you a single full image at the end. This should be a button from within LW's interface to replace a standard f9 render. If you have access to a renderfarm you can get preview renders in extremely fast times. This would be a -very- usefull tool for a production environment.