PDA

View Full Version : What's wrong with metalink?

Surrealist.
07-02-2005, 02:36 AM
I saw another post (http://vbulletin.newtek.com/showthread.php?t=38337 )where they were having problems linking a low res model to a high res model for cloth calulations using FX meta link. I decided to try my hand at it with a simple example and got the same result described in the other post.

In the example below it is a fairly simple set up.

One object is a subdivided plane to be used as a sheet of cloth and subpatch is activated

The Second object same thing only it is subdivided a few more times. This object is parented to the low res object and metalink applied. (Obj Prop deform Tab)

A simple calulation was done using a set of points along the edge of the cloth as a point set to fix it with a -9.8 grvity on the Y under the Etc, Tab. All other settings left at default.

The low res object is made invisable and visable here is the high res object.
As far as I know this is supposed to work in such an aplication. (This proton video shows using it on a cape: ftp://ftp.newtek.com/pub/LightWave/Tutorials/Vidz/Collide_CD.mov)

So, are there some extra setups that need to be done? A tip, anything?

Some of the points do not follow the effect.

Surrealist.
07-03-2005, 07:53 PM
Well I solverd this on my end anyway. The solution was to have the low res object NOT be a sub D surface object.