PDA

View Full Version : 3 Internal shots

Haven1000
07-01-2005, 08:15 AM
Just thought I would share with you some renders I've been working on recently, f-prime with 2 bounces used for all 3. Comments welcome.

Nigel Baker
07-01-2005, 11:21 AM
Hello there Haven1000,

A very small point but one that makes me constantly question it?
The iMac G5's are very low down, there should be about 10cm away from the table top to allow for the keyboard to gently slide under the monitor.

Thanks for sharing the images.
Very enjoyable.
Can I ask, are the characters from poser? They look very well within the images.

Keep Posting.

Imatk
07-01-2005, 02:20 PM
I don't know if you wanted comments/crits on this or not, so if not just disregard :)

I would work on your texturing/lighting. Right now it looks like you've got too much ambient light going on. Everything is kind of flat looking. Since you have all those light sources I would just use those for your light.

Your textures are a little flat as well, but if the lighting improves so will your textures.

adrian
07-02-2005, 02:27 AM
Also, the people are very poor in comparison to the rest of the scene.... in fact they ruin the shot for me (sorry). They stink of Poser. If you modelled these I unreservedly aplologise for offending your work; it's just that the rest of it is so much better :)

Apart from that, I love both scenes. Lighting, modelling - great.

Adrian.

natha1
07-02-2005, 07:44 PM
I can tell a lot of work went into setting up this scene!!! One simple thing I would do to improve it is center all the lights onto the ceiling tiles. I don't remember seeing lights off center like that with a drop ceiling.

Good work!!!

Nathan

wendoline
07-03-2005, 05:24 PM
hi haven,

i like your work, i think the people do add something to the scene depending on the type of client the renders are for, some clients like to see the people in there no matter how "out of place" they look as it gives added "scale" to the scene.

May i ask, is this for a client or just something you've knocked up in your spare time, i ask because i do this kind of rendering for a living, mainly concerntrating on catering facilities, serveries, restaurants etc.

Your lighting could be worked on to create a little more "depth" to your final render, a lot of depth can be achieved in photoshop, but the lighting initially can help a lot.

Haven1000
07-04-2005, 07:27 AM
Thanks to everyone who replied, it's good to get some feedback from neutral parties.

To answer some of your questions:

The people were bought from www.axyz-design.com, unfortunately due to timescales I didn't have enough time to get the diffuse/ specularity/ glossiness maps just right.

As for the ambient lighting, Imatk you are correct in saying that there's alot of ambient light used, for some reason I've always thought that high values of ambient light helped radiosity work in interiors, but I'll bare that in mind for the future. I'm not a 100% happy with the lighting but because the visuals had to be wrapped up pretty quickly it just had to be put out the door.

The work was done for a client. We are currently refurbishing the clients building and they asked for some visuals in terms of stills and animations, so we put together those stills and a couple of quicktime VR's.

Unfortunately I don't get to spend that much time with Lightwave so progress has been made in baby-steps.

Thanks again

lardbros
07-04-2005, 05:00 PM
Unfortunately I don't get to spend that much time with Lightwave so progress has been made in baby-steps.

That must be some big baby, making giant strides! :D

I like the images. Obviously what the others say about lighting is spot on, but i feel you have captured an atmosphere, so it's all good.