PDA

View Full Version : Can't save my work

Darrell
06-29-2005, 07:06 PM
Has anyone ever gotten the "read-only" error message when trying to save a file?...how do i solve this problem? I'm working on a book illustration & its slowing me down :mad: oh & why my jpg files work in modeler but crashes in layout :confused:

a man on a tight deadline
-Darrell-

toby
06-30-2005, 12:01 AM
Yes I've had that happen - but I can't remember what t was :(

You should be able to do a 'save as' a new file with no trouble, until some one else chimes in...

The jpg problem is not new or unusal, the fix is to remove the jpeg.p plugin, and the quicktime plugin will take over. I've still had problems with them, .png's are much better.

Scazzino
06-30-2005, 08:08 AM
Yes, I've had the read-only problem sporadically before...

Haven't been able to nail it down entirely, but it seems to be related to renaming a file or folder in the finder while something is still open in Modeler...

When it does happen I've been able to "save as" to a new file, but then have to close and reopen the new file for that new file to become writeable, otherwise even the newly saved-as file remains read-only. My guess is that renaming something in the Finder is confusing Modeler...

-MikeS

Darrell
07-01-2005, 01:44 AM
I'm starting to think its a Hub issue...i can't explain it...but i notice this problem arives when i save in layout...render a couple times...go back to modeler...save there a couple times then go back to layout to render, make some more changes save again then bam!!!....i can't save....reason why i'm thinking its the hub is because i also notice when i switch from modeler to layout the object file does not update like it should...i have to do a "replace object" with the same object to get the current updated into layout...hmmmm...why is i spend more time trying to diagnose my problems than just modeling & rendering...i got deadlines to meet :mad: