PDA

View Full Version : IK Boost moves too fast

peter66
06-29-2005, 12:43 AM
Hi, what's the deal with IK boost when you try to move one of the control handles around and it gets out of control with smallest possible movements of the mouse?

Cheers
Pete

Surrealist.
06-29-2005, 02:48 AM
Have you tried slowing down your computer? Underclocking your graphics card?

Ok seriously, yea it is touchy. I have used it a little but have learned the hard way that it is really a suplement to IK. In doing character animation I have noticed that after a while I have gotten used to it but It is really more something you turn on durring your animation session to make fine tune ajustments to parts of your rig that are not as fast using standard IK then just trun it back off and continue animating. I have learned to switch it on and off that way.

I dislike how a rig set up with IK only and using IK booster to animate is so touchy. I think the best rig uses FK IK and IK booster each with its strenghts and weekness. Everybody has thier way of working though.

One thing to keep in mind is wether or not you are trying to animate something that would be easier with another method than Ik booster.

Just a thought. For some things it's the ticket- a whip comes to mind or a snake or some cables.

SplineGod
06-30-2005, 12:34 AM
Select the joint that is actually rotating too quickly and apply quaternian to it. It should settle down and rotate smoothly after that :)