PDA

View Full Version : Generating a texture from several images

Thomas M.
06-28-2005, 07:03 AM
My problem is probably more Photoshop related than to LW. But as there are a lot cracks out there who know there PS, probably one of you might be able to help me out.

For a special texture I need to combine several hundered images of the same size in a way that each image has the same visibility.

For example, if you combined several images in a layered file, the background image would be visible 100%, the image above would be seen at 50% (Normal), the one above it is 25% (Normal), the one above this one 12% (actually 12,5%) and so one. As you can see I'd be able to put 2 more images on top of this one (at 6% and 3%) before I'd reach the maximum.

As there a several hundered images I won't be able to do this by hand. Is there a way to do this in an automatic way. I'm familiar with actions, but I don't have a clue how I could persuade PS to pick 5 images from a folder, layer them in the described style, save this file in another folder and then pick the next five images and repeat the process till all images from my master folder would be layered in this kind of file. Is there any other way, e.g. by not using the normal mode for layers, using another program or anything else?

I hope that someone has a clue.

Cheers and thanks in advance.
Thomas