PDA

View Full Version : Schematic improvements

Pavlov
06-28-2005, 04:21 AM
Schematic view tools are pretty poor by now. I always use SV and i find myself spending hours in reordering manually all items.
I'd like to see SV controls as icons on SV bar, not another floating window.
Imho these are the most needed features:
- Nesting hierarchies (like scene editor) to hide content.
- Collapse tool - to give the same schematic position to all items in a hierarchy (putting them just under the root), or all selected items (taking the position of the first selected);
- array vertically/horizontally, with steps: to organize a selection in a pattern (i.e., i've 50 items and i need to put them in 5 rows of 10 elements, or whatever). "Steps" means i'd like to to leave "n" empty spaces between each item, if i need to put other stuff near them. This tool should be "smart", so if
i've 47 items and i ask for a 5x10 array, it should make 4 complete rows and the last one with just seven.
- Active grid snapping - like XP's desktop, items need to stay on a clean grid
while we move them.
- Double click opens properties panels;
- More than 16 colors - let us use true colors for items, ***PLEASE***
- Allow custom start point (when you add an item in a complex scene, its schematic position is far away so we need to move them). I'e, a good start point should be near the last added item.
- Allow spline links, they're more readable in some situations, and they're cool ;)
- Allow multiple parenting, and allow targeting in schematic.

Paolo Zambrini

hrgiger
06-28-2005, 05:08 AM
I would just love the ability to snap all items in the heirarchy to the viewable window (sort of like a ctrl-A in modeler, only it works on the heirarchy, not the viewable window). It's a pain to keep zooming out to find items to pull towards some sort of organization, especially since the item names disappear relatively quickly as you zoom out. Perhaps moving them into the array position you mention above.

Dodgy
06-28-2005, 06:01 AM
I'd like to have an actualy grid to see where my nodes are going to snap to :)

hesido
06-28-2005, 07:03 AM
Count me in for all these ideas :=)