PDA

View Full Version : Load Light From Scene error message

Surrealist.
06-27-2005, 05:06 PM
Saved the current light then tried to use "load itmes from scene" on the one-light scene it created and got this:

toby
06-27-2005, 06:33 PM
'Save current light' has been there as long as I can remember, but to my knowledge there's never been a 'load light' :rolleyes:

I just save a separate scene for the light (call it 'light_LFS.lws') and use 'load items from scene'.

Surrealist.
06-27-2005, 08:10 PM
'Save current light' has been there as long as I can remember, but to my knowledge there's never been a 'load light' :rolleyes:

I just save a separate scene for the light (call it 'light_LFS.lws') and use 'load items from scene'.

The idea here is to save one light. If say for instance you are working on a scene and you think you'd like to save that particluar light for later use , rather than delete all of the other lights in the scene - and objects for that matter - you just save the light which creates a scene file with just that light.

Nice little feature only it does not seem to be working on my system. I get the error message when trying to load items from scene to load that light just saved (as a scene). My suspision is that the Save Current Light is the culprit as load items works otherwise.

Just currios if anybody has this or not or a solution, otherwise I'll bug report it.

toby
06-27-2005, 08:30 PM
Aha! It's supposed to save a scene file with the light in it - I thought that Newtek had neglected to include a 'load light' function. Learn something every day!

Doesn't work for me either. Funny thing is, the scene loads fine by itself, it just doesn't work with 'load from scene' :P

Surrealist.
06-27-2005, 10:58 PM
Interesting. Lot of good that does eh? :)

I'll report it as a bug.