PDA

View Full Version : Max number of objects in layout?

Meaty
06-27-2005, 12:19 PM
Howdy folks. I am hoping that you all can help me with a gremlin. I have a scene with a very large number of objects. It is not poly or memory heavy as the attached image shows. Sadly, I need all these objects for Shockwave export.

I have gotten to a point where if I add any more objects, the scene crashes. Is there a limit on the number of objects a scene file can handle? It is crashing when adding an object with 36 layers, thereby bringing the total above 2000 (a very round number). Thanks in advance.

hrgiger
06-27-2005, 03:09 PM
I'm not aware of any max number of objects in layout, I just assumed that it was dependent on your system's memory but it's not a problem with your scene. Did you send a bug report? How many objects are there or is it too many to count? We could try to duplicate it and see.

evenflcw
06-27-2005, 03:47 PM
Check LW8.cfg, it includes a MaxObjects setting, which is 2000 by default.

hrgiger
06-27-2005, 04:37 PM
Cool, I didn't know that. Where is the config file, I didn't see it in the programs folder.

evenflcw
06-27-2005, 05:47 PM
Depends on your operating system. Check the manual or just do a search on your system drive. On my win2k system it's in C:\Documents and Settings\Admin\ along with most other configuration files used by LW.

If you really want to, you can change where these files are stored by using a switch in the executables shortcuts. Although I'm not very fond of NT/LW littering this windows folder I would not recommend using the switch. The reason is that you'll then always have to start LW from these shortcuts. If you for example doubleclick an LWO/LWS I think it will always try to read configs from the default folder and not from the one you setup.

Meaty
06-29-2005, 09:15 AM
Check LW8.cfg, it includes a MaxObjects setting, which is 2000 by default.
Thanks so much!! That did it!! :D :D :D :D :D