PDA

View Full Version : Raytrace Reflections

mjt
06-27-2005, 11:12 AM
Why raytrace reflections take so long to render? it's the slowest render in Lightwave. :(
If I'm rendering a glass, for exemple, Do I need raytrace reflections or the reflections will appear without select reflection?

hrgiger
06-27-2005, 11:46 AM
Yes, you have to have raytrace reflections on if you want your object to cast reflections. Alternatively, you can simply add a reflection map to your object to decrease render times, as long as the image you're using is similar to the scene you are rendering.

For Raytracing, you can also lower your Ray Recursion Limit (in the render options panel) from its default of 16 to 2-4 which sometimes quickens the render depending on the scene.

robewil
06-27-2005, 12:05 PM
Alternatively, you can simply add a reflection map to your object to increase render timesEr.. I think you mean decrease. :o

mjt
06-27-2005, 10:42 PM
Yes, you have to have raytrace reflections on if you want your object to cast reflections. Alternatively, you can simply add a reflection map to your object to decrease render times, as long as the image you're using is similar to the scene you are rendering.

For Raytracing, you can also lower your Ray Recursion Limit (in the render options panel) from its default of 16 to 2-4 which sometimes quickens the render depending on the scene.

Thanks a lot, it really helped me. Sometimes I forgot some options.

But know I have another problem which I'm going to open a new thread.

Thanks!