PDA

View Full Version : Ambient light

jaxtone
06-27-2005, 07:19 AM
Hold your horses... and please tell me how can I turn off the standard ambient light in LW8.3? Canīt find that function anywhere...

J

yazan
06-27-2005, 07:30 AM
Where its always been
Light
Properties
Global illumination button
Ambient intensity slider. Default at 5%
Yazan

jaxtone
06-27-2005, 07:59 AM
Thanks Yazan!

Might been a little confusion here cause in the classic interface it also could be found in the menu on the left side of my interface... from 5.6 up to 7.5c.

But the answer you gave adviced me to the root function... might found out how to put it back in the menu.

J

Surrealist.
06-28-2005, 02:37 AM
Thanks Yazan!

Might been a little confusion here cause in the classic interface it also could be found in the menu on the left side of my interface... from 5.6 up to 7.5c.

But the answer you gave adviced me to the root function... might found out how to put it back in the menu.

J

If you go to Edit/Edit Menu Layout you can use the Configure Menus panel to add it from the items on the left to anyplace on the right where you want it to go.

The right panel is all of your tabs and buttons. The left is the tools plugins etc. If you know the name of the tool you are looking for you can use the search tool to find it, then assign it to where you want it.

I added a new group in the items tab for some global type setting buttons. Just highlight the item that you want to add(in the left panel) and the location above where you want to put it (in the right panel) and click Add. This will create a new button on the left of the interface.

You can put it where you want but the picture below illustrates what would be my choice as well as where you will find Ambient Light Intesnity.

Note the buttons on the right for New Group etc. Double click on an item on the right once you've added say a new group/tab to rename the button/ tab etc.

Also note the save button. Here you can save this config and never loose your custom layout.

jaxtone
06-28-2005, 03:26 AM
Hi!

That was an excellent description of the menu interface. Thanks mate! I am very grateful for all you guys in here that are so helpful and talented!

J

Surrealist.
06-28-2005, 01:52 PM
No Problemo. Hope it helped and wasn't just going over something you alrerady knew. :)