PDA

View Full Version : Merging points

Leprechaun
06-26-2005, 12:54 PM
ok, heres my problem. Im making a car and in modeling it on one side then mirroring it. When i mirror it i merge the points but it also merges the points that i made when i bandsawed and cut some polygons. i tried merging after the mirror with fixed measurements but i still cant get it to stop merging those points. Anyone ever have this problem? or know how to fix it?
thanks

Dodgy
06-26-2005, 03:32 PM
You could volume select the middle of the car (press ctrl-j) then try merging...

Hoopti
06-26-2005, 11:45 PM
It sounds as if you've got multiple parts on a single layer in modeler that you're then mirroring. I like nice crisp edges on my auto parts. Before I mirror, I place each piece (hood, roof, body, etc.) all on different layers and then mirror each, merging the points that way. Then I mass cut and paste back into a single layer. Haven't found an easier way.

If I'm misreading what your intentions are, my apologies. Otherwise, hope this helps at least a little bit.

Hoop

hrgiger
06-27-2005, 11:48 AM
This happens to me sometimes on character models. What I usually end up doing is turning off merge points for the mirror tool and then manually select the points on the middle axis and then performing my merge.