PDA

View Full Version : Something that im missing

newteklogin05
06-26-2005, 06:40 AM
While doing some modeling for a game idea, I realized there is something that would be usefull in the modeling portion of Lightwave an extra viewport ontop of the 4 I have open so i can have my top right and front and as well as my uv viewport and a render viewport, maybe there is a plugin for this does anyone know of one or got a idea that can help me with this sitution?

MonroePoteet
06-27-2005, 10:15 AM
I don't think there's any way to get more than four views on the screen at once, or a floating (undocked) view.

I'm usually either doing geometry modification, weight-map (or other vertex map) modification, or UV modification, not all at the same time. I have "favorite" window configurations for each of these modes (i.e. UV window replaces top-view while I'm modifying UVs).

View Presets can be saved by holding down the CTRL key and pressing one of the numeric keypad buttons (NumLock has to be set). You'll get a window to request the name of the preset, and whether it's just for the particular view or the whole screen (whole window), and the keypad key you specified will be assigned to bring up that view combination.

There are several default assignments, such as KP5 bringing up the default quad view, KP7 bringing up single-view top, etc..

For example, I have KP4 setup for UV modifications, KP8 for weight-map modifications. It's then really easy to switch between default quad view, my UV mods view and Weight mods view (KP4, KP5, KP8 are very convenient to each other).

Not quite a fifth window, but works for me.

mTp

newteklogin05
06-27-2005, 06:02 PM
Still would be nice as a modeler feature to have viper or eq enabled in modeler