PDA

View Full Version : bored modeller looking for people to challange

Svartberg
06-25-2005, 11:51 AM
hello, i like to model as much as i can, though after so much models it gets a bit hard to find motivation to model on a daily basis for me. (unless money is involved, something i don't have at the moment :\ )
however i've noticed that 1v1 challange keeps me motivated, serious and lastly it teaches me other approaches for the same problem.

I would appreciate a daily dose of challange from anyone.
the idea is simple, one of us pick a reference photo (ussually of something simple to model but not too simple), we give a deadline, model, critique each and learn from each other.

A few rules :

i like to keep challanges simple unless i know the other person can handle complex stuff.
the model should be close to the reference as we can, this is training not an artistic modelling.
before modelling start i give 5-10 minutes to plan it, because i don't like to see the opponent quit in the middle.
although the time limit is ussually generous when it ends it ends.
if we both finish before time, feel free to show and critique each other and improve it. (the deadline still stands though)
no bonds, you can challange me only once if you want,
and we can prospond to better time if there's any need. (unless we started)
and lastly this is practice, keep it friendly =]

(you can guess from the above this isn't the first time i'm doing this)

You can find me on irc - irc.efnet.net, irc.enterthegame.com, irc.freenode.net, query "svartberg" (i'm on gmt+2, available except sundays and thursdays)
you can see my website for my skilllevel at http://people.freenet.de/matzager/

Yog
06-25-2005, 04:26 PM
3d-palace.com have a 1v1 chalange area if it helps.

jeremyhardin
06-27-2005, 04:49 AM
as does 3dfightclub...
http://www.3dfightclubforum.com/phpBB2

Svartberg
06-28-2005, 10:34 AM
did quite a few of those, not my cup of tea, thanks anyway for posting.

liquidpope
06-28-2005, 12:44 PM
Will there be money involved? I'd do it for cash... say 200 bucks a model.
Who would be the impartial judge?

Svartberg
06-30-2005, 12:57 AM
you take only 200bucks for a one hour model ??

:D