PDA

View Full Version : Registration problems

studiomutmo
06-24-2005, 05:21 PM
Hi,

I recently upgraded to Lightwave version [8] from 6.5. The upgrade includes a registration application, which is not present (supposedly in the programs folder). Further, instructions for registration on the web site are written for Windows. I've written to Lightwave. They haven't gotten back to me.

Any Mac users have the same problem? How can I register without calling the 800 number?

Thanks!

fineartist
07-02-2005, 10:50 AM
Yep, having the same problem, and even though I have looked everyhere, I still can't find how to register the software (7.5d to 8.3). I thought I was th only one. ANYONE know how to register the upgrade - and it's a saturday so I can't call Newtek for help.

Johnny
07-07-2005, 05:42 PM
Yep, having the same problem, and even though I have looked everyhere, I still can't find how to register the software (7.5d to 8.3). I thought I was th only one. ANYONE know how to register the upgrade - and it's a saturday so I can't call Newtek for help.

I might as well add mine to the pile, too..trying to register on the NT web site, but it's asking me questions that the "What's this" links don't help!

dang!

the two bits I'm missing, sort of is "Purchased From" I put 'Newtek'...hope that satisfies that field, and the lock ID from my dongle..don't know which of the numbers on that dongle I need.

Anyone care to help with this treasure hunt?

thx
----------------------------
Edit: nevermind..I think I got it...

J

distrakt
07-31-2005, 10:18 PM
Me too.

I upgraded to 8.3 from 7.5. I have a serial number, license key, and some other number for the dongle.

There is no "make license key" from the Help menu in the program, and no "Registration" application. Gah!

Does anyone know how to enter a license key for Macintosh Lightwave 8.3?

Help. Frustrated.

toby
07-31-2005, 11:59 PM
Take the original license.key file from the LW7.5 programs folder, and put it in the LW8.3 programs folder.

struck
08-08-2005, 03:01 AM
Upgraded to LW8.3 from 7.5 on the Mac and then did the online registration and was emailed the license key.

Could not find the reigistration wizard.

I opened up the license.key file in the programs folder using the text edit utility program.

I then copied the "XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX" part of the number given. Not the other numbers at the start (these are your serial number and you dongle lock number) or the Mac bit.

Pasted this over the existing number and then re-saved the file.

Opened up Lightwave and got no mention of a temporary 14day license message.

Hope this helps anyone with the same problem.

Cheers,
Malcolm

driverworks
08-24-2005, 08:06 PM
Thanks, Struck. I did the same thing you did, and it seemed to work. I didn't get the 15 day warning anymore.

Farkatt
09-08-2005, 02:30 PM
The same with me... the so called "Register LightWave" appl. is not on my "programs" folder...

and my Package is a full software, not an upgrade...

it's a shame newtek doesn't fix this...

Nahash
09-21-2005, 10:34 PM
Hello everyone,
I bought an educational full version of LW [8]. I went online to register and succeeded with all of that. I got my "unlocking number" and started looking for the register program....I couldn't find it so I'm here. I looked at the last few posts but nothing has seemed to remove the "Discovery Edition" limit on the top....however, when I uninstalled it from my mac and did it on my windows computer it worked just fine and the "Discovery Edition" warning went away. I tried editing the license.key file but mine had two numbers and I wasn't sure which one to replace with the license that Newtek emailed me with. I backed-up the License.key file and proceded to try the second line first.....nothing happened....same with the first. can anyone help out? Thanks!

~Nahash~