PDA

View Full Version : Start Up???

TV21
06-23-2005, 08:03 PM
:mad:

I took it out of the box and started it up--Did all the WIndows setup and......

It restarted and the screen flickered after the Windows XP window.

It immediately went into Tricaster after the flickering.

Not once did I see the desktop.

The tricaster window is larger than the monitor.

When I try to bring up the toolbar, it doesn't show--Nor can I hit cntrl-alt-del. It has no effect.

IM NOT TOO IMPRESSED--If this is how it comes out of the box.

Any suggestions?

Kevin :confused: :mad:

Tarheel Cougar
06-23-2005, 08:38 PM
Did you see the Tricaster Image post?

Since you cannot access the 'close' gadget upper right, press Ctrl-alt-e to close down TriCaster and get to Admin mode. Then, you need to set your graphics card to a 1024x768 spanned resolution

Matt Drabick
06-24-2005, 05:28 AM
You're not supposed to see the Windows desktop . . . do the control alt e trick, set the screen resolution to 1024 by 768 and you'll be just fine. Apparently a few TriCasters slipped away from NewTek with the screen resolution set to 800 by 600 pixels. It happened to me this week, and I'm a NewTek dealer!

Matt Drabick,
DigiTek Systems

Paul Lara
06-24-2005, 11:25 AM
Apparently a few TriCasters slipped away from NewTek with the screen resolution set to 800 by 600 pixels.

Actually, the cause was using a graphics card slightly different than what the install was expecting.

If you'll just re-set your resolution to 1024x768, display will be fine from then on.

Blaine Holm
06-27-2005, 04:10 PM
:mad:

When I try to bring up the toolbar, it doesn't show--Nor can I hit cntrl-alt-del. It has no effect......
...snip
Any suggestions?

Kevin :confused: :mad:

For future reference, you can get to Windows by clicking on the CLOSE X in the upper corner of the screen, and selecting ADMIN.

Ahmed
07-07-2005, 09:56 AM
Kevin,

Here is what you have to do, it is brute, but it works as we faced the same thing. When you start your machine, hit the F8 and boot in safe mode. Once you see the desktop, open your C drive and open the TriCaster folder. There will be a file called StartTriCaster.exe (I think this is right name). Rename it as WaitTriCaster.exe (or any name). Then restart the machine normally. This time it will not be able to start the TriCaster. Change your desktop resolution to 1024x768, then rename back the file to StartTricaster.exe, and just double click it to start having fun with it.